Search Results (478)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

How can i Upgrade "Ethernet 10G 4P X520/I350 rNDC" Firmware to 22.5.7

I have a Dell R740 with the Ethernet 10G 4P X520/I350 rNDC Card installed. If i use the old firmware update file for 22.0.9 Release, the NVM Update Tool finds the card and would update the firmware. Num Description                        

Question

PowerEdge 2970 DIMM MBE Issue

Kind of using this as a last resource as I cannot seem to fix this on my own. I have a new to me PowerEdge 2970 (yes I know the server is well past support and should absolutely be replaced by today's standards; however, it is only used for home/remote storage and it fits my needs perfectly for what

Question

r730: predictive failure on 6TB ST6000NM0095: what to replace it with?

Keep getting full and predictive failures on a specific drive in a RAID6 array, on r730. What is the best drop-in replacement? (Exact same or equivalent Dell part?) Would any ST6000NM0095 do, or does it have to be a Dell PN? Would any (Dell or non-Dell) drive work as long as it's the same capaci

Question

BIOS/iDrac/LLC update of R610 - best and working solution in 2024

Hi, I am trying to update the idrac to the latest version. I assume the this is possible to be done from some old distributions like RHEL7. This is is the error when I am performing check from Proxmox 7.4 ./ESM_Firmware_KPCCC_LN32_2.92_A00.BIN -c /opt/dell/updatepackage/ESM_Firmware_KPCCC_LN32_2.9

Question

Is Dell PowerEdge Memory Compatible with Dell VxRail Servers

Hello All, Is Dell PowerEdge 32GB RDIMM, 3200MT/s, Dual Rank, 8Gb BASE x4 Memory compatible in Dell VxRail servers? Best Regards

Question

Dell R730XD replace perc with HBA

I have a Dell R730XD that is configured as 24+2 using the perc card that will be used with ZFS. I have heard that this card doesn't act as a "true" HBA so was thinking of replacing the perc with an HBA330.  Will this work fine with my SAS expander?  Which model do I need to get? One thin

Question

R730xd and ConnectX-4 NIC (cx456A)

I recently installed a Dell Mellanox cx456A ConnectX-4 100 gbE NIC (Dell P/N 0NNJ2M) into a R730xd. The card is listed as being introduced with the 14 generation family (ie R740/R740xd etc.)  The server is running Ubuntu 22.04 but the OS does not present a NIC interface with ifconfig. I have

Question

R660 E3.S drive caddy

Hi there! Does anyone know the part # for the frame hodling E3.S SSD 2.5" drives in PowerEdge R660 like in the picture below?

Question

Having trouble setting BIOS password

This is on a PowerEdge R750. I logged in to the idrac > Configuration > BIOS settings > System Security. I put a password in the setup password and confirm setup password box, clicked apply, and then farther down clicked apply and reboot. I let the system reboot, and watched the job queue

Question

R530 Drive Replacement

Team,     We recently had a predictive failure on one of our raid 5 drives, the global hotspare kicked off and rebuilt the drive successfully.  However, after the rebuild was completed.  We swapped out the bad drive with a new one; the server won't spin up the new drive to ass

Question

JumpCloud LDAP on iDrac 8

Hi all, Having some trouble getting iDrac 8 to connect/authenticate to JumpCloud LDAP. The only guidance I could find is a little dated (https://wiki.maxcorp.org/ldap-configuration-idrac-6/) Im unable to get this working on iDrac 8 (Dell R330) - configuration is as follows: Generic LDAP Enabled:

Question

iDRAC8 License disappear

When I reset IDRAC, the enterprise license disappeared.

Question

Unexplained Server Downtime - Seeking Assistance

Hello Dell Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am facing a perplexing issue with my Dell server that has been causing unexpected downtime. Despite thorough troubleshooting efforts, I have been unable to identify the root cause of the problem. I am reaching out to the community in the ho

Question

Updates for r620

Hi will there be any more software accutation for Dell r620 server bios / idrac in 2024?

Question

Incompatible Dell OS Driver Pack being recommended for my Dell PowerEdge R730 Servers

My Dell PowerEdge R730 servers have the OS Drivers Pack v18.12.04 installed. As of the 6th of January (GMT+11), OpenManage Enterprise started giving me a warning that there is a new baseline version of v19.05.08 for this item. I went to install it via iDRAC using the win64 exe, and also in Linux usi

Question

R640 BIOS - Why does it look like this?

Hi all, I recently acquired a Dell PowerEdge R640 and noticed that its BIOS looks like the following: I have other R640's which have the more modern BIOS interface (which also doesnt run / feel incredibly sluggish either) Anyone got any hints / suggestions to fixing this? Thanks

Question

PowerEdge R7525. The System Configuration Check operation resulted in the following issue: Comm Error: Riser 1.

Hi I have four identical R7525 server. Few days ago I updated the iDRAC FW to version 7.00.60.00. (Before it was 6.10.30.00) Direct after the FW update I recived on all four server the same errors:- The System Configuration Check operation resulted in multiple Riser issues. - The System Configurati

Question

M630 Blade With HWC2014 Code

Hello, I have an M630 Blade with a HWC2014 Code and the error message is "A hardware misconfiguration detected on BP1 Cfg." I am not sure what this means or where to look. I checked out this link: Event and Error Message Reference Guide for 13th Generation Dell PowerEdge ServersVersion 1.2 | Dell

Question

HWC2003 Storeage BP1 SAS A cable or interconnect failure. Check connection R740XD

Dear all, I have strange issues with R740XD server, HWC2003 Storeage BP1 SAS A cable or interconnect failure. Check connection, i dint have midbay and backplane, my controller is on MiniMono Perc cable and I see my SSD´s , can i remove this error somehow ? and why this happening ? thanks all fro

Question

Dell PowerEdge R430 Firmware Stages

Good Morning, I have a legacy R430 that is well out of support and is in need of both BIOS and iDRAC updates. The current firmware versions are as follows: FIRMWARE CURRENT PLANNED iDRAC 2.70.70.70 2.85.85.85 BIOS 2.11.0 2.18.2

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!