Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 8th, 2024 10:06

Incompatible Dell OS Driver Pack being recommended for my Dell PowerEdge R730 Servers

My Dell PowerEdge R730 servers have the OS Drivers Pack v18.12.04 installed. As of the 6th of January (GMT+11), OpenManage Enterprise started giving me a warning that there is a new baseline version of v19.05.08 for this item. I went to install it via iDRAC using the win64 exe, and also in Linux using the Linux binary after booting a Linux live CD, and both times it complained of being incompatible. I followed the link within OpenManage Enterprise to read further and it takes me here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=K8WCN

At the top it says "OS Driver Pack for PowerEdge 13G servers." The R730 is a 13G server, so this would imply that it is a compatible update. Further down that page if you expand out "Compatible Systems" it only lists the following:

• Poweredge FC430
  • Poweredge FC830
  • Poweredge M830
  • Poweredge M830 (for PE VRTX)

The update checks against this list when attempting to run, and errors out, and the Linux attempt mentioned these hosts, and that my host wasn't in the list.

Since this update was released all the way back on the 26th June 2019 and I've only now just being recommended it,  it would seem someone has made a mistake when updating the most recent Update Catalog.

Can Dell please fix the latest Update Catalog so that I am no-longer being recommended this incompatible update? Thanks.

• 

8.5K Posts

January 8th, 2024 14:46

Gavino,

Thank you for the heads-up on the issue, which I believe is likely a catalog-specific problem. I will go ahead and submit it for correction and again thanks for taking the time to let us know.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2024 02:46

I can confirm that this is fine now - thank you.

No Events found!