Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

72 Posts

December 21st, 2023 10:55

HWC2003 Storeage BP1 SAS A cable or interconnect failure. Check connection R740XD

Dear all,

I have strange issues with R740XD server, HWC2003 Storeage BP1 SAS A cable or interconnect failure. Check connection, i dint have midbay and backplane, my controller is on MiniMono Perc cable and I see my SSD´s  , can i remove this error somehow ?

and why this happening ?

thanks all fro help.

• 

2.2K Posts

December 21st, 2023 15:27

Hello, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

Reseat the backplane cabling: Unplug and then plug back in the cable connecting the backplane to the system board. This can sometimes resolve the issue if the connection is loose.

Check the RAID controller: If reseating the cable doesn’t work, the issue might be with the RAID controller. You mentioned that you see your SSDs, which suggests that the controller is at least partially working. However, the controller might still be the source of the problem. If possible, try replacing the RAID controller with a new one.

Update BIOS and iDRAC/LCC: If you have access to iDRAC, you can try updating the BIOS and iDRAC/LCC.

Clear the logs: If the server is working well but the error is still displayed, you can try clearing the logs through iDRAC. This should clear the error on the front LCD display.

Remember to always back up your data before making any changes to your server configuration. 

No Events found!