Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
W

Community Accepted Solution

XPS 8960 Performance

I have just purchased a refurbished XPS8960 with 64gb ram, which I expected to be quite a fast machine. However, from pressing the "On" switch, to getting to the stage where I can actually use the computer, it takes 7 mins 30 secs.  Is this normal?It is also very noisy with the hard drive (I a

Question

XPS 8930, screen blanking issues after upgrade to Windows 11

I tried earlier this year to upgrade to Windows 11 and finally succeeded with Windows Upgrade Assistant. But then every few seconds the screen would go black then come back a few seconds later.  Went back to Windows 10.  Upgraded again yesterday, same problem.  I tried different moni

Question

XPS 8910, RAM upgrade compatibility (speed, channel, and rank)

What is the fastest MHz that are confirmed and proven to be stable for RAM in a 2016 Dell XPS 8910 i5-6500?

Question

XPS 8960, Bluray drive upgrade?

Hey guys, I just ordered a Dell XPS 8960 with a dvd drive because there was no bluray drive option when ordering like there was for the XPS 8940. I was wondering, can you upgrade the XPS 8960 to a bluray drive? If so, how easy is it, does anyone have a part number and what about the software? I sa

Question

XPS 8910, Kingston FURY Beast compatible?

Is the Kingston FURY Beast 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200) a compatible memory module for my 2016 XPS 8910?

Question

XPS 8960 CPU & Cooler Upgrade: i7-13700 to i9-14900K, Dell Advanced Tower & Dell Liquid Cooler.

I really wanted to know what`s the difference between all three Dell cooler options regards of performance and noise. I spent at least 40-50 hours running benchmarks and tests over and over. If there is anything I can add to help anyone who is considering replacing the CPU fan for the OptiPlex- XPS-

Question

XPS 8930, BIOS update problem

Hi, I am new to the community. I have an XPS 8930 with a BIOS version 1.0.2. This is clearly out of date. The system was crashing but a new monitor and keyboard has rectified that. However, the fan goes into high speed which would appear to be connected to the out of date BIOS. I have tried creating

Question

XPS, with Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Ti Super?

While there are XPSs with the 4070 and 4080 graphics cards currently on offer, I wonder if Dell with create a package with the RTX 4070 Ti Super as an option?

Question

XPS 8930 upgrade WiFi 6 card and 2.5G Base-T PCIe LAN card

Hi all I'm using DELL XPS 8930 and I have currently upgraded to 2500MB broadband with ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 router. I would like to upgrade to a 2.5GBase-T PCIe network adapter. I'm thinking about ASUS 2.5GBase-T PCIe Network Adapter PCE-C2500 (https://www.asus.com/networking-iot-servers/wi

Question

XPS 8950 aftermarket cpu cooler (Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF2) standoff screws not fitting on mobo

so i bought a be quiet dark rock tf2 to replace the stock air cooler on my xps 8950, but when i tried to screw on the standoff screws it didnt fit in for some reason, does anyone have any specifications for the screw holes for the cooler?

Question

XPS 8900, looking to get a new motherboard

I currently have a Dell XPS 8900, but its CPU is running on Skylake, which at this point is ancient and can't handle upgrading to windows 11. However, the motherboard is Skylake locked according to the research I did, so it means I need a new motherboard. I'd like to get something with enough oomph

Question

XPS 8930, replaced with unformatted HDD, but data is still appearing on boot?

HDD Crashed, Put in New HDD, Purchased Win11 on USB flash drive. Booted to USB and that's where it got weird. My programs & folders are intact and I can continue to work.  Office works, Outlook works, Internet works. On My computer it shows this PC and USB Flash drive.  The new HDD ha

Question

XPS 8930, taking minutes to boot

My 8930, which has been a great machine, suddenly a day ago started taking 4 to 5 minutes to boot up. There were no problems leading up to this.  A day or two ago I turned it on and after 30 seconds or more the round Dell logo appears but it would not ever boot.  Finally the next morning

Question

XPS 8960, rear chassis fan intermittent squeak

I have a 2 month old XPS 8960 with advanced air cooling. No cooling problems and all hardware tests are clear but the rear chassis fan has an intermittent squeak which I have tracked down using a stethoscope. I've contacted Dell for warranty support but their solution is to send the computer back to

Question

XPS 8960, external USB drives read and write slowly when connected to rear USB ports

Hello all, I have a new 8960 (14th gen core i9, 64 GB RAM, added 2 18 TB SATA drives, 1 TB M.2 SSD system drive). When attaching external USB 3.0 hard drives to any of the 4 type A USB ports on the REAR of the 8960, the maximum write speed is about 40 MB/sec.  When I attach THE SAME hard driv

Question

XPS 8920, upgraded 16GB to 64GB, memory speed reduced from 2400 MHz to 2133 MHz

My XPS 8920 came from the factory with 2 x SK Hynix DDR4 2400 8 GB memory (16 GB total). The BIOS shows a memory speed of 2400 MHz (as expected). I then replaced the SK Hynix memory with 4 x Corsair DDR4 2400 16 GB memory (64 GB total - populating all four DIMM slots). Despite picking the correct me

Question

XPS 8700 diagnostic error message

I am running Linux Mint on a 2 TB HD and Windows 10 on a 200 GB HD and a 600 GB HD. My computer suddenly started taking a long time to boot up so I ran a diagnostic. The attached image shows the error message I got immediately. I disconnected all my USB devices except the keyboard and got the same m

Question

XPS 8500, new motherboard for newer CPU?

I'm wanting to get a new MB for my old PC so I can put new CPUs in. Are there any MB recommendations that I could use?

Question

XPS 8960, i7-13700, what CPU air coolers fit?

The standard pancake cooler gets very loud when I'm processing videos. What air-cooled CPU coolers mate with this motherboard and CPU? Not interested in water coolers. I've read that Dell has non-standard mounting points and thus most (all?) retail coolers can't be fitted. I was hoping to stay

Question

New XPS DefaultUser0 issue. Can't re-image with recovery USB

Hi all, I have a brand new XPS desktop, when I pulled it out of the box there was no OOBE whatsoever. Instead, it booted to the windows sign-in screen with a profile I did NOT make called DefaultUser0. I found this is a windows problem, however, the rest of the issues around it appear to be Dell i

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!