Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
A

Community Accepted Solution

Catalog Management

I have just deployed OpenManage Enterprise 4.0.1 however when I check the catalog management, I get the error: Execution Message Running Processing repository information. Attempting to connect to repository. Downl

Question

Help with alert policy KO

Hello , When i try to access to alert policy menu in openmanage , i receive a error.This is happend since i have modify one alert policy. ( in the message area ) How can i list and/or remove a alert policy in CLI or other ? Best regards

Question

Several Machines Went Missing from OME

I'm on OME Version 4.0.1 (Build 29) Recently, I discovered about 40 managed systems within OME went missing -- like, completely gone. I had to rediscover the servers, add them back to various Services groups, etc. What was odd was that the systems didn't have the updated root credentials

Question

How to clear device health alerts

Hello, We have an MX7000 with several MX740C blades. Recently we migrated the OS to BOSS and I removed the SAS drives. Since doing that, each blade is complaining about a missing SAS drive. I tried acknowledging the alerts and even tried clearing the configuration of the PERC. But the built in Open

Question

Alert policies not sending emails

My alert policies are no longer sending emails since upgrading from 3.10 to 4.0.1. I am able to send a test email from Application Settings -> Alerts -> Email Configuration, but no matter what I try I can't get my alert policies to send emails. No settings were changed after the upgrade to 4.

Question

Is OpenManage Enterprise vulnerable to the xz utils backdoor?

I am running OME Version 3.10.2 (Build 13). How do can I find out if this version is safe from the xz utils backdoor recently discovered? If it is vulnerable, what version would be a remediation to close the backdoor? https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2024/03/31/xz-backdoored-linux-affected-distros/

Question

OME authentication using Entra ID

Hi, Our organisation is currently looking into using Entra ID for a number of apps. Does anyone know whether OME supports authentication using Entra ID?  If so has anyone successfully implemented it? I just wanted to see if this is possible before disappearing down an authentication rabbit h

Question

Cannot update firmware on Dell R430

Hello, I have created catalog, then created baseline with one R430 server, then I did check compliance, and report shows me that many drivers needs to be updated but I cannot check any item on this report when I point mouse on check box it shows me "Device does not support Firmware Update" When I

Question

OME | Plugin error

Hi Team, We have been noticing error on Dell OME console and plugins. it states as below. " This plugin does not meet the minimum requirements for installation" Appliance resources are not sufficient to either install or continue to run the Update Manager plugin efficiently:The OME VM is not confi

Question

Does CloudIQ support to collect data from VMware VSAN?

Customer using HCI based on VMware VSAN Ready nodes running on Dell PowerEdge servers. So, I'm wondering does CloudIQ support to collect those data? any concerns or limitation? Thank you. Panat

Question

Migration to v4 issue

Hello, I want to migrate to OME v4 from a 3.10.2 version I managed to complete the first steps of the process on the v3 appliance but on the v4 appliance (destination) step 3 is stucked : Step 3: Check For Migration Readiness (import) Impossible to go further... Is there a solution to unblock t

Question

Openmanage 4 - Host firmware update not reboot server after finished

Hi i'm running firmware upgrade on more hosts inside Openmanage 4 and others on openmanage 3. I'm able to perform the upgrade, but after the host is updated it remain in power off. At the beginning the server is power on, operating system is ESXi 7.0.3. I've the same issue both on version 4 and 3 of

Question

OME4 - can't perform initial admin password change in TUI

On a fresh OME 4 deployment from the 4.0.0.202 OVF in vSphere 7, I cannot perform the initial admin password change, no matter what I use. If I don't include a special or capital character or not long enough, then it can tell and warns me so typing in appears to be accurate. Have tried powering fu

Question

Dell OpenManage Enterprise 4.0 VHD Install

Hello all, I downloaded the latest Hyper-V OME 4.0 vhd file and after creating the VM, assigning 16GB RAM and 4 processors, I just get a blinking cursor on a black screen when trying to boot it up, no errors. I have tried installing it on several servers (Server 2019 and Server 2022 hosts) and get

Question

Dell ISM iptables error after installation

Since installing the Dell ISM on Rocky 9.2 all of the hosts are showing ipv6 network errors. These machines are not running ipv6 or IPTABLES (Firewalld is being used). This appears to have crashed 2 of our 17 machines last night. This docuemnt show some info on iDrac communication (page 11) https:

Question

OMEVV missing permissions to run FW update on host.

Hello We have installed the OMEVV plugin in our vCenter and it works fine as long an vcenter admin is using it. A nonadmin vcenter user cant start it. He receives the error 10008 "vCenter user does not have required privileges to access this feature."Which privileges are needed? The user has all DEL

Question

Discovery failing to add a portion of the fleet on 4.0.0

Hi, I'm able to add the majority of our fleet of VRTX with M630/M640 modules from Discovery with local admin sign in. About 20 percent of our fleet fails to add via discovery. I ran the built in troubleshoot tool and it's successful in connecting with every protocol option. Is there somewhere I ca

Question

OME 4.0 - can't select Update Manager repositories as catalogs for baselines

Hello, I'm using OpenManage Enterprise 4.0.0 (Build 202) with Update Manager 1.5.0.429. I successfully created a new repository in Plugins/Update Management, and it also created an associate baseline. But when editing any baseline in Configuration/Firmware Driver Compliance, I can only select catal

Question

Update to Lifecycle Controller 7.x instead of 6.x

I am using OME 4.0 to update some PowerEdge C6420. Currently they have iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller 4.x, and I'm updating against a baseline based on an automatically updated catalog (daily). Some have been updated the past days to 7.x, now the baseline reports 6.x as latest and suggests to downg

Question

OME 3.10.2 - Cannot find Backup/Restore menu item

Dear all, I just discovered the existence of OpenManage Enterprise 4.0.Reading the migration process from 3.10 I found out that in the OME 3.10 interface I should find a "Backup/Restore" menu item, but I can't find it in my OME 3.10 installation: Why I don't have the backup/restore menu item? Shou

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!