Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 9th, 2024 15:51

How to clear device health alerts

Hello,

We have an MX7000 with several MX740C blades. Recently we migrated the OS to BOSS and I removed the SAS drives. Since doing that, each blade is complaining about a missing SAS drive. I tried acknowledging the alerts and even tried clearing the configuration of the PERC. But the built in OpenManage Enterprise Modular still complains about the missing drives and shows system health as critical. 

How do I clear these alerts and make them go away?

• 

3.3K Posts

April 9th, 2024 20:44

Hello,

When you replace any hardware component or update the firmware versions, make sure to enable and run the Collect System Inventory on Reboot (CSIOR) option to collect the system inventory on reboot. After a few minutes, log in to iDRAC, and navigate to the System Inventory page to view the details. It may take up to 5 minutes for the information to be available depending on the hardware installed on the server.

Try confirming CSIOR is enabled

-boot to F2 -> System Setup -> iDRAC Settings -> Lifecycle Controller to check status

-Choose: Lifecycle Controller set to Enabled

-Collect System Inventory on Restart set to Enabled.

then save, exit shutdown.

Power up and check results after POST completes.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 10th, 2024 15:30

@DELL-Charles R​ Thanks for the tip. I checked system inventory and verified it was in fact enabled. 

Venturing out on my own I tried clearing the event log within iDRAC on the blade, but that did not didn't clear the errors. So I tried rebooting iDRAC and I was pleased to see the reboot finally cleared out the health warnings.

To avoid this in the future I will try clearing out the PERC configuration prior to removing a disk. That might have been the root cause of all this. 

Edit: Clearing the PERC made no difference. What cleared things was rebooting iDRAC. 

(edited)

No Events found!