Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

December 15th, 2023 12:48

OME 4.0 - can't select Update Manager repositories as catalogs for baselines

Hello,

I'm using OpenManage Enterprise 4.0.0 (Build 202) with Update Manager 1.5.0.429.

I successfully created a new repository in Plugins/Update Management, and it also created an associate baseline.

But when editing any baseline in Configuration/Firmware Driver Compliance, I can only select catalogs created through Configuration/Firmware Driver Compliance/Catalog Management and not through Plugin Manager. Baselines created with the plugin are associated with the right catalog, but when editing them the dropdown does not show the repositories created through the plugin.

How can I select repositories created with the Update Manager in arbitrary baselines?

• 

3.3K Posts

December 18th, 2023 13:26

Hello wndf,

I received the DM with service tags. Thank you. I will submit this to the engineering department.

• 

3.3K Posts

December 15th, 2023 19:01

Hello wndf,

It looks like there is a bug with that. If you can Direct Message me a Service Tag I can submit this to engineering to make a fix.

Direct Message

You can click on my name : Dell -Charles R

Look in the Right hand column:

Contact Me

Send this user a direct message

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

December 18th, 2023 10:27

@Dell -Charles R​ Done, check direct messages

• 

3.3K Posts

December 19th, 2023 14:57

Hello wndf,

I have a follow-up question on this post.

Are you trying to add/remove devices but keep the same catalog?

Or

Are you trying to keep the same device but change catalog?

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

December 20th, 2023 07:41

@Dell -Charles R​ Trying to change catalog and create new baselines (without creating twice the same repository)

Example

I have four devices static groups:

• Group 1
  • Group 2
  • Group 3
  • Group 4

In Configuration/Firmware-Driver Compliance/Catalog Management I create a catalog, catalogDaily (source Latest component versions on Dell.com, automatic update).

Then I create two repositories through Plugins/Update Management:

• Repository 1, that creates Baseline 1, Enterprise Server Catalog-23.12.15, applied to static Group 1
  • Repository 2, that creates Baseline 2, Index Catalog-23.12.15/Previous Enterprise Server Catalogs/23.10.27, applied to static Group 2

Now, if I go in Configuration/Firmware-Driver Compliance and select Create Baseline, I can only select catalogDaily in the Catalog dropdown, while I expect to be able to select between catalogDaily/Repository 1/Repository 2.

Then, in Configuration/Firmware-Driver Compliance I can see in the Catalog column that Baseline 1 uses Repository 1  as catalog. But if I try to edit it (because I want to associate it to Repository 2), the catalog dropdown shows Select instead of the actually selected catalog, and only allows to select catalogDaily.

On the other hand, when I try to change target of Baseline 1 and Baseline 2 (maybe I associate them to Group 3 and Group 4), it works as expected: Group 3 is compared to Baseline 1, Group 4 is compared to Baseline 2.

1 Rookie

• 

70 Posts

January 24th, 2024 06:58

Is there a work around at this moment?

Or when is the next release planned, and does it contain a fix?

• 

3.2K Posts

January 24th, 2024 13:50

The issue you're facing with selecting Update Manager repositories as catalogs for baselines in OME 4.0.0 is a known bug. It's caused by a limitation in the current version of Update Manager that doesn't allow repositories created through the plugin to be used as catalogs for baselines.

A fix for this issue is currently under development and should be released in an upcoming Update Manager update. Until then, there's a workaround you can use to select repositories created with the plugin as catalogs for baselines. Here's how:

1. Create a new catalog in Configuration/Firmware-Driver Compliance/Catalog Management. This will act as a placeholder for your repository.
  2. Export the repository you want to use as a catalog from the Plugin Manager.
  3. Import the exported repository into the placeholder catalog you created in step 1.
  4. When creating or editing a baseline, you should now be able to select the placeholder catalog as the catalog. This will effectively use the repository you imported from the plugin.

This workaround is not ideal, but it allows you to use repositories created with the plugin as catalogs until the bug is fixed in a future release.

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

January 31st, 2024 15:04

@Dell-Martin S do you have a timeline for the new release? The workaround works, but it's not the best

• 

3.4K Posts

January 31st, 2024 21:22

Hello,

I'm sorry but we don't have info related to this yet.

Thanks

Marco

No Events found!