Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

January 5th, 2024 00:05

Discovery failing to add a portion of the fleet on 4.0.0

Hi, 

I'm able to add the majority of our fleet of VRTX with M630/M640 modules from Discovery with local admin sign in. About 20 percent of our fleet fails to add via discovery. I ran the built in troubleshoot tool and it's successful in connecting with every protocol option. Is there somewhere I can get more info on why they're failing to discover? Any suggestions for further troubleshooting? I think I came upon an old post point to firewall but I'm not where I can view logs to have our network folks investigate. 

Thank you!

• 

8.5K Posts

January 5th, 2024 18:20

Sunnyadmin,

Would you confirm the models of servers not being discovered, as well as the firmware version of the iDracs not being discovered? I ask as OME 4.0 doesn't support 12gen and earlier and the minimum firmware for iDrac 8 is 2.70 and minimum for iDrac 9 is 5.10.

• 

3.7K Posts

January 5th, 2024 04:54

Hello thanks for choosing Dell.
I am not quite sure what fleet on 4.0.0 is.
Nonetheless, could you please show us the screen where you did this" add via discovery"?
Respectfully, 

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

January 5th, 2024 17:30

Hi, 

By "Fleet" I mean our inventory of Dell VRTX devices. 

I ran discovery jobs by going into Monitor-->Discovery-->Create. Used the local creds for signin and added our internal subnet range. This successfully brought in 87 devices but the remaining 22 refuse to be added. 

Errors on the failed discovery are either EEMI Code CJOB4068 or not reachable via ICMP Ping. When I got to Monitor-->Troubleshoot and test the devices in question with their respective IPs with all iterations (ping, all protocols available) they test successfully. 

: ========== EEMI Code: CJOB4068 ==========
Message: Unable to discover the device because the protocol WSMAN used for discovering this target is not supported.
Recommended actions: Enter a valid and supported protocol, and then retry the operation. For information about supported protocols, see the OpenManage Enterprise-Modular User's Guide available on the support site.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

January 8th, 2024 18:07

@DELL-Chris H​ 

Did an inventory of the VRTXs and looks like there were some changes since our last poll. I've narrowed down the ones giving me problems to just 2 now.

Indeed it looks to be the iDRAC 8 version that could be the problem.

1st VRTX has 2 modules at different versions: 2.70 and 2.61

2nd VRTX has 2 modules on 2.63

CMC is slightly behind as well at 3.40

Will get those updated and hopefully that fixes it! Thanks!

No Events found!