Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

February 6th, 2024 02:37

Does CloudIQ support to collect data from VMware VSAN?

Customer using HCI based on VMware VSAN Ready nodes running on Dell PowerEdge servers. So, I'm wondering does CloudIQ support to collect those data? any concerns or limitation?

Thank you.

Panat

• 

3.2K Posts

February 6th, 2024 13:43

Hello,

According to my sources, CloudIQ does support collecting data from VMware VSAN, using the **CloudIQ Collector**5 6. The collector is a virtual machine that communicates with vCenter and sends data back to CloudIQ using Secure Connect Gateway5. The collector can be downloaded from the CloudIQ user interface or Dell Support and installed locally in the data center5. The collector requires read-only privileges to access and pull data from vCenter5.

There are some limitations and considerations for using CloudIQ with VMware VSAN, such as:

• CloudIQ supports VMware vSphere versions 6.0, 6.5, 6.7, and 7.05.
  • CloudIQ supports VMware VSAN versions 6.2, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, and 7.05.
  • CloudIQ supports Dell PowerEdge servers that are certified for VMware VSAN8.
  • CloudIQ does not support VMware VSAN stretched clusters or 2-node clusters5.
  • CloudIQ does not support VMware VSAN encryption or deduplication and compression5.
  • CloudIQ does not support VMware VSAN health checks or performance metrics5.

For more information about CloudIQ and VMware VSAN, you can refer to these resources:

I hope this answers your question. 

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

February 7th, 2024 01:22

@Dell-Martin S​ Thank you very much! Truly appreciated your prompt support.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

February 7th, 2024 02:41

@Dell-Martin S Another same question- whether support to collect data from PowerVault TL4000 Tape Library? Limitation/concerns

Thank you.

• 

3.1K Posts

February 7th, 2024 06:08

Hi,

Based on the documentation that Martin provided in the previous reply, CLoudIQ only supports PowerVault ME storage for data collections. 

Ref: https://dell.to/42th7za

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

February 7th, 2024 11:07

@DELL-Joey C​ Noted with Thank you.

No Events found!