Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

14 Posts

April 11th, 2024 13:07

Several Machines Went Missing from OME

I'm on OME Version 4.0.1 (Build 29)

Recently, I discovered about 40 managed systems within OME went missing -- like, completely gone. I had to rediscover the servers, add them back to various Services groups, etc. What was odd was that the systems didn't have the updated root credentials I provided a couple of weeks ago, and many systems had the custom OME user (OME_<generated-id>) in the user list. Changing the root password on the device should not have affected how OME manages the server since it uses the custom user.

I can't explain why that would happen. Has anyone else experienced this? 

• 

3.3K Posts

May 3rd, 2024 13:39

Hello,

I have been advised OME 4.2 will fix it.

• 

3.3K Posts

April 11th, 2024 18:51

Hello,

It has been seen if you're using OME password rotation and also running scheduled discoveries.

When the scheduled discovery runs, it overwrites the password rotation user account for OME to use, and then it would be using root or whatever it was initially discovered it as. Then, when root changes, OME would no longer be able to talk to those devices.

A fix is being worked on for the next release.

1 Rookie

• 

14 Posts

April 11th, 2024 18:56

Thank you. In the meantime, I will disable the Internal OME Password Rotation option. This was a big pain since the systems had to be re-added into the specific Services groups and re-tagged within CloudIQ.

I'll add that there are no scheduled discoveries in our environment, but the systems disappeared just the same.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

14 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 20:28

@DELL-Charles R Does the latest release of OME, Version 4.1.0 (Build 237), resolve this issue? Can you share the Issue ID #?

(edited)

• 

3.3K Posts

May 2nd, 2024 20:42

Hello,

I'll have to check about that and follow up with you.

No Events found!