Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
C

Community Accepted Solution

m18 R1, USB-C Power Delivery error message upon Start-up

<Alienware user should not post on an old Inspiron thread. Profanity is never allowed. DELL-Admin> I'm a little miffed about this, well so be it. I'm the customer! Okay, so I own an Alienware m18 R1 that I purchased in July 2023. Because I like to keep everything neat and tidy on my desk, I d

Question

m17 R1, lower fps even on visual novel games

I own a alienware m17 R1 I got from my family who used it for a few years already, I'm aware that its not new and its performance might not be the best, but I do not expect it to be this bad, since its just a few years old. I first ran doom 2016 with it, it has high fps at the menu but once i get in

Question

x17 R1, getting BSOD after 2 years

I have had an Alienware x17 R1 for a little over two years and before now, it has been flawless. Approximately two months ago, I started getting blue screens every 1-3 days. I am an IT guy by profession, but I haven't been in Desktop Support for many years and I am a bit rusty. I tried to analyze

Question

m16 R2, charging while powered off via USB-C?

Hi there, just wondering whether Alienware m16 R2 is able to take charge from the USB-C port? I don't intend to use it while getting charge from USB-C as I understand the power requirement of it. However, is USB-C charging an option to top up the battery when it's powered off? What's the maximum cha

Question

x15 R1, fails to charge

Hello all, I bought my Alienware x15 R1 at the end of 2021. Lately, I've been having issues charging the laptop. It tells me to plug it in when it is already plugged in. The last few times I have switched up outlets, unfastened the charging cords, and wiggled the cord into the laptop and those had

Question

m16 R1, AlienFX module?

I downloaded the latest alien command center 6.2.7 and still can't find the FX module. Can someone please put me in the right direction? Thanks 

Question

m17 R5, audio mute key not working

Recently, I discovered that the audio mute key on my laptop isn't working. The button to mute the microphone is seemingly fine and glows white when pressed. However, the audio mute is unresponsive and gives no indication of muting when pressed but still glows white when the volume is manually lowere

Question

m16 R1, charging indicator when turned off?

Just got my first Alienware (m16 R1) and I can't seem to find any indication of full battery when the notebook is charging while turned off? I noticed the alien head on the inside "breathes" when charging turned on only. Is there any indication of charging (or fully charged) while the pc is turned o

Question

17 R3, high temps CPU and GPU, no supported AlienFX devices

I purchased used out of warranty 2015 Alienware 17 R3 with 6820K and 980M. As you can see while stress testing these are temps (pics below) are they too high and what can I do about it? I am also not able to run Alienware FX Control Center.  I installed Win 10 Pro and your latest Command Cente

Question

Closed

m16 R1, TB 4 docking station that can power on the laptop?

Need help with finding a thunderbolt 4 docking station that can power on the laptop and it has at least 2-3 thunderbolt 4 ports. I don't need it to charge the laptop, just need the dock to power the laptop on, so I don't have to open the laptop lid and press the laptop's power button. The dock must

Question

m15 R1, charger, are these compatible?

Hi, I bought a second charger for my daughters Alienware M15 so she can leave one at her desk and have the other for travel, the one I ended up receiving looks identical and has the same power output but different model and part numbers. The seller says it will work fine, but wanted to confirm befo

Question

m17 R3, graphics card upgrade

hi im looking into upgrading storage and specifically a graphics card for my alienware laptop. im trying to find pricing

Question

Closed

Service Contract Expiry

I might be a bit naive here, and apologies if this is a stupid question, but if I do not renew my Service Contract with Dell does that mean I no longer get any software (drivers ect) upgrades for my Alienware X17 R2 from them? Any advice or help would be appreciated. Cheers. Paul,NZ.

Question

Area-51m R2, power supply (one of the two) doesn't work anymore

Hello, I have this Alienware product. I start to have a doubt concerning the quality of the Alienware products, second Alienware I have, always a problem. In the mean time, they were not honest with me concerning the warranty of my second product. So to day, I am only able to run my laptop

Question

m16 R1, Thunderbolt 4 Bus power needed for dual NVMe SSD enclosures

I am trying to simultaneously connect two ACASIS 40Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD enclosures (Model TBU 405 Pro), each have w/built in fan for thermal/cooling. Our M16 R1 laptop allows enough thunderbolt BUS power to run 1 of the enclosures, but when attempting to connect the 2nd enclosure, Windows 11 complains

Question

m17 R3 motherboard fit into M17x R3 chassis?

I have an Alienware m17 R3 motherboard that I'd like to put into my Alienware M17x R3 and am wondering if it will fit? thanks Carlos

Question

m17 R5, can I uninstall AWCC forever?

Hi! There are "uninstall and then install it again" in all tutorials, but somehow there is no AWCC version for my laptop and win11:"You have selected: Alienware m17 R5 AMD Operating System: Windows 11 This driver is not applicable for Alienware m17 R5 AMD with Windows 11. Choose another product to r

Question

m17 R5, issues with BIOS 1.12.0

Hi all, I recently received a critical update notification from SupportAssist instructing me to update my system BIOS to version 1.12.0. However, despite multiple attempts, I couldn't find this version on the official Dell website for my laptop model; the latest available is 1.10.0? Upon further inv

Question

Official Solution

Resizable Bar Disabled Intel 770, Says Unsupported Device

Resizable Bar Disabled Intel 770, Says Unsupported Device. All conditions are satisfied. GPU-Z simply says Unsupported Device. How do I Enable it?

Question

m15 R3, will this DDR4 work?

Hi everyone, I’ve been owning a Alienware m15 R3 for the past 2 years and it’s served me well. As of recently, I have been thinking of increasing it’s performance and have been thinking of buying these Corsair Vengeance Performance SODIMM CMSX16GX4M2A3000C18 16GB 3000MHz CL18 ddr4, (2 x 8GB) https:

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!