Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2024 22:24

m17 R5, can I uninstall AWCC forever?

Hi! There are "uninstall and then install it again" in all tutorials, but somehow there is no AWCC version for my laptop and win11:
"You have selected: Alienware m17 R5 AMD Operating System: Windows 11

This driver is not applicable for Alienware m17 R5 AMD with Windows 11. Choose another product to re-enter your product details for this driver or visit the Product Support page to view all drivers for a different product." 
Can my laptop work normally without any AWCC if I uninstall it? I just don't know what is this AWCC for, I have never seen it working, it always shutdown in the process of opening after showing me an alien logo :D
Why do I want to unnistall it? Because a cool guy from Microsoft support checked my system remotely and said my everyday Blue Screens of Death (VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR) caused by AWCC only. I am really tired of blue screens :(

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

January 4th, 2024 06:48

Simply put, the Alienware Command Center (AWCC) is software that integrates applications into a single interface that is designed to control features of your Alienware system.

Here is AWCC quick guide.  On the m17 R5, AWCC supports Alien FX, Fusion, Library, Thermal, and Overclocking.  Without AWCC, you will lose many of those control features, including lightings.

If the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR happened on other machines without AWCC, then how can users fix it when there is no AWCC to uninstall.  Many things else could caused the BSOD.  So, maybe wiping your system and refresh it with a clean Win 11 installation can be a better fix to those unknown causes. 

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 4th, 2024 12:41

This driver is not applicable for Alienware m17 R5 AMD with Windows 11.

The m17 R5 AMD Drivers & Downloads page offers three AWCC (Alienware Command Center) under the Windows 11 heading to try =

2 Posts

January 5th, 2024 23:57

@Chino de Oro​ Thank you! I've uninstalled it and had 2 days without blue screens already, this is a great sucsess! Maybe someday I will install AWCC, but now I am not mentally ready for it :D

No Events found!