Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

March 22nd, 2024 19:16

m16 R1, TB 4 docking station that can power on the laptop?

Need help with finding a thunderbolt 4 docking station that can power on the laptop and it has at least 2-3 thunderbolt 4 ports. I don't need it to charge the laptop, just need the dock to power the laptop on, so I don't have to open the laptop lid and press the laptop's power button. The dock must have at least 2 or more thunderbolt 4 ports. Any help is appreciated. thx.

10 Elder

• 

23.3K Posts

March 22nd, 2024 21:09

While business-grade systems generally support USB poweron, I don't think you'll find your Alienware does -- it isn't designed to be used with a docking station.  That being the case, I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 13:21

The 330-watt power supply is going to be the issue here with finding a docking station.  I'm using the Dell WD19TB with my M16R1 so I only have 2 cables to plug in, the 330-watt power supply and the USB-C cable (with power from the dock that really isn't needed).  I'd prefer to have a single cable to plug in that handled power and signals but with the power requirements for the CPU and GPU, I don't think this will be possible with any docks.

No Events found!