Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
Q

Community Accepted Solution

Adding a physical drive to my raid 5

I have added an additional physical disk my PowerEdge 650 server.After the disk was ready i logged into the IDRAC and added it to the existing raid and started the reconstruction which took about 24 hours to complete fully.The drive is now showing to be part of the raid 5 and the size of the raid on

Question

perc 12 driver for xen server

Hi~ Is there any plan to support Xen server with perc 12?

Question

CPU utilization OID for PowerEdge FN 410S IOM

Hello, I am trying to monitor the CPU utilization for the PowerEdge FN 410S IOM via SNMP. Does anyone know the OID for this sensor or if it is possible to query? Thank you, Matthew

Question

Dell wd hard disk 500 gb firmware need

I need firmware hdd s/n wmayp7582326 Wwn:50014ee0ae6a5d9a P/n: 01kwkj Firmware' 1s03 Mdl: wd5003abyx-18wera0 Dcm hgrnthtjcg Dcx:_ 8e02e76r2 R/n: 771702 Please need firmware my data lost thanks dell team

Question

Boot Failed: Raid Controller

Hello! I'm a complete noob to this so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I'm looking for some help with this. I bought a used R730, and am currently configuring it. The hard disks I have are 4 new 1.2 TB SAS Hard Drives (Dell WXPCX). I'm trying to set up RAID 6 on it, and then will be installing

Question

Raid 1 failing hard disk

I have a Poweredge T420 that has 2 virtual disks setup, a raid 1 for the os and a raid 5 for data. Disk 0:1:0 has predicted failure showing.   Do I need to take the failing disk offline before I hot swap it?

Question

DELL T150 RAID 1 PROBLEM

I have a poweredge t150 server, i installed raid 1 (2 HDD 0-1) and window server 2019 boots normally.I tried to fault tolerance by removing the hdd 1 when i turned server off. When I turned it back on, there was an error "uefi0116 One or more boot drivers have reported issue(s)" but the operating sy

Question

Foreign Configuration/Raid0

Hello: I have 3 drives in this t^30 and it appears one of them has gone bad. I get the error "Foreign Configuration found on adapter" (screen shot attached) . When I press C I get the BIOS screen but not sure what to do next (screenshot attached). I do not want to lose the data

Question

H745 RAID cables for R650 10 Bay SFF

Hello all, I purchased an R650 10 Bay server and I want to switch out the HBA355i RAID for an H745 RAID Controller. Can I use the same RAID cable for the H745?  If not, then can you please let me know what the part number is for the H745 RAID controller? Thank you!

Question

Dell R720 Raid using diffrent HDD Sizes

Hi All Dell R720 Server fully updated using SUU The server came with 8 x 600gb sas hard drives. I would like to use my Sata 2x 4tb Seagate Iron Wolf and 4x 1tb Iron Wolf using Raid 0 However when I am in the Raid setup I see the 2 4tb hdds plus the 1tb hdds. I select the 2 4tb hdds it states in t

Question

Show RAID and disks in Windows Server

Hi, I would like to know if there is a soft for Windows (server 2019) to display the RAID, the physical drives, maybe the SMART too, on a PowerEdge R440. I can't just reboot to go in the BIOS and all. The Windows volume manager is just showing one big disk but I assume there is a RAID and I'd like

Question

R650 PERC front load vs rear load

Hi all, What is the difference between rear load and front load PERCs? PERC H755 Front Load - 405-AAZB, 750-ACFR PERC H755 Rear Load - 405-AAZB, 750-ACFQ First SKU is equal but second one is different.  JT.

Question

Dell Poweredge r730xd drives fast flashing need help all works but I am wondering why on every drive the second light flashes!

Dell Poweredge r730xd drives fast flashing need help all works but I am wondering why on every drive the second light flashes! Is that normal I am using raid 1 and I have 2 raid one partitions and combines them in ubuntu server ! Here a recording: https://youtube.com/shorts/_nhrxqdIZUI?feature=shar

Question

Boot Issue with Dell HFS480G3H2X069N Disks on Dell Servers

Dear Dell Team, We're encountering a boot failure with Dell HFS480G3H2X069N SSDs on Dell servers post-OS installation in UEFI mode. Multiple Ubuntu versions were tested, all resulting in boot failures despite successful installations: Disk health was verified via SMART attributes, full SMART test

Question

Dell R610 RAID5 SAS Disk upgrade

I have a Dell R610 with RAID5 configured with one virtual drive using all available disks. I have (4) physical disks in this virtual drive, but they are small and I want to replace them with larger disks. My goal is to replace each drive with larger drives and my hope is to not lose data. I am runni

Question

Need quick help T640 Raid Hot Swappable?

We have a Poweredge T640 Server that has a DELL PERC H330 controller. There are 4 drives configured in RAID10. One of the drives is flashing orange. I have a replacement drive (not spare hotswap) my question is, as im getting conflicting information when searching, is, does this Raid Controller supp

Question

Replacing Failed Drive PowerEdge R430

Hi, I am trying to replace a failed 600gb SAS (P/N : 1XF230-150) in my PowerEdge R430 server. Looking online it seems to tell me to switch the drive to "Offline" in the Dell GUI. I only have the options to "Blink" and "Unblink". How to I go about making sure the drive is offline before I physicall

Question

PowerEdge R610 iDRAC6 IPMI Drive Status

I have a Dell PowerEdge R610 with iDRAC6 enabled for use with IPMI and a PERC6/i RAID controller and am monitoring the server status remotely. Specifically I am monitoring the drive status via ipmitool and am having issues getting the proper status when the first drive in the RAID array is faulted.

Question

raid 5 sas replacement

Hi, I have a dell poweredge r750 server, with raid 5.1 sas hdd failed, if I replace the faulty hdd, will the raid rebuild be done automatically or do I have to rebuild it?

Question

RAID 1 test// Poweredge T350

Hi, The customer wants to test the RAID 1 with following steps to verify its reliability (the data are stored twice by writing them to both the data drive and a mirror drive). Remove the first one HDD (Hot plug) and check if server is working properly. Insert the first one HDD to the server (H

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!