Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 8th, 2024 08:14

Dell Poweredge r730xd drives fast flashing need help all works but I am wondering why on every drive the second light flashes!

Dell Poweredge r730xd drives fast flashing need help all works but I am wondering why on every drive the second light flashes! Is that normal I am using raid 1 and I have 2 raid one partitions and combines them in ubuntu server !

Here a recording:

https://youtube.com/shorts/_nhrxqdIZUI?feature=share

• 

3.7K Posts

March 11th, 2024 01:22

Hello, in fact this seems normal to me- I know you see only 3 disks but this might be due to the VD in the middle of background initializing.
Installing OMSA would help you see things clear.
Respectfully,

• 

3.4K Posts

March 8th, 2024 15:49

Hello,

you have 3 hard drives, which is the configuration?

Can you check the status of the drives with OpenManage or directly in the controller? It seems that they are rebuilding.

March 8th, 2024 23:15

@DELL-Marco B​ No four sorry I missed to record that one !

@ of them both on the same virtual disk stopped now only the ones of my second raid are doing that! It appeals for me that it is normal!?

March 10th, 2024 07:48

Direct Over the raid in the bios of the server! now just the 4th drive has both legs static it is a different drive from a different brand but with the same specification: I mean with that it has sam storage capacity same protocol same write and read speed!

March 11th, 2024 03:22

@DELL-Young E@DELL-Marco B  ok thanks I just wanted to make sure its not a fatal error or something that could get me in trouble thanks for your time guys!!!

(edited)

No Events found!