Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 16th, 2024 01:13

Boot Failed: Raid Controller

Hello! I'm a complete noob to this so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I'm looking for some help with this. 

I bought a used R730, and am currently configuring it. The hard disks I have are 4 new 1.2 TB SAS Hard Drives (Dell WXPCX). I'm trying to set up RAID 6 on it, and then will be installing Proxmox. I foolishly booted Proxmox early, and during that configuration it said it couldn't see the Hard Disks. 

I'm running into boot issues with the embedded raid controller (H730). Picture of it is attached. I have already set the boot mode to UEFI, and created a Virtual Disk. Pictures attached. Any idea what else I'm missing?

<Private data removed from public view. DELL-Admin>

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

April 16th, 2024 05:39

Create the vDisk again and select FastInit and check if there is a differrent.  You also can try the one time boot option or manual selecting the boot device. After that i am sure we will find the option to add the vDisk into the boot order for UEFI.

Regards,
Joerg

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 16th, 2024 01:58

The Virtual Disk background initialization completed, but did not correct anything. 

• 

3.7K Posts

April 16th, 2024 06:19

Hello I believe this is happening because the OS (Proxmox) has not been officially tested by Dell. You'd need to check if the OS provider provides the RAID controller driver at all.

Respectfully,

No Events found!