• 

7 Posts

March 8th, 2023 11:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

WD19S Docking Station Audio Cutoff

Latitude 7430

Latitude 7430

Hello,

I have been using my WD19S Dell Docking station for a few days and I am running into an issue where while using headphones, the audio will either cut in and out briefly or the audio will disconnect completely until I replug my headphone. I am using a Logitech H570e wired headset. If I plug it directly into my Dell Latitude, there are no audio issues at all and will never cut out. I have updated all the drivers for the docking station which I downloaded directly from Dell's website. Anyone else have any issues with the audio and is there a potential fix?

Thank you

1 Message

February 2nd, 2024 13:19

I'm also having this problem with a WD19S dock, Latitude 7430 and different Logitech usb headsets.  Works fine connectected directly to the laptop.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

February 7th, 2024 11:27

I have the same issue.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

February 7th, 2024 20:50

Nearly a year with no solution, latest firmware didn't do anything. Have had a ticket opened with Dell throughout this period and no fixes. Has anyone tried testing the docking station on a non Dell laptop and have any results to share?

4 Posts

February 9th, 2024 14:31

Latitude 7640, Dell Pro Stereo Headset UC350, latest firmware everywhere, Windows 11 with all updates, same issue.

4 Posts

February 9th, 2024 14:35

An interesting thing that I noticed. I have a cracking issue when the headphones are plugged into the docking station, but it isn't disconnecting. However, when I plug a simple USB3 hub into the docking station and connect my headphones to it, the cracking sound disappears, however the disconnection issues start to occur.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

February 12th, 2024 08:44

I have the same issue with my USB Jabra headset. The issue appears only when headset is connected to USB of docking station. If I connect it directly to the laptop, everything works properly.

I tried with different headset as well, but the issue is the same.

The problem has appeared for the first time after a dell update, around three weeks ago.

1 Message

February 12th, 2024 16:16

Same issue here. All updates installed.

1 Message

February 13th, 2024 14:09

Wow.  A year plus and no fix to this for one of the most expensive port replicators in the industry.  Same here on multiple units with Dell Latitudes, both the WD19S and Thunderbolt.  Following....

3 Posts

February 15th, 2024 15:20

The solution presented is not a viable or permanent solution; this issue is occurring not only on WD19S, but on WD22TB4 docks as well. In our case, we have a number of outliers that have this occur randomly, and we've narrowed it down to the dock each and every time.

If you power cycle the dock, the audio comes back normal and there are no issues again for an X amount of time. The headsets we use are the Steelseries Arctis 1 with wireless USB-C dongles typically plugged straight into the dock.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

February 19th, 2024 06:54

I have the same problem with the WD19S and we use the Logitech H390 headset. I have opened a ticket with DELL Pro Support. At the moment the ticket has been escalated to the technical resolution expert. He was able to reproduce the problem. I am waiting for a solution.

(edited)

3 Posts

February 20th, 2024 22:07

@robifuze​ I'm going to try to reproduce all this and then try this and update here.

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

February 21st, 2024 17:59

@robifuze​ I'm going to test this also. Took me a while to find this, here's where I found this setting:

WINDOWS SETTINGS > DEVICES > SOUND SETTINGS (right column) > SOUND CONTROL PANEL (right column) > select headset/speaker device > PROPERTIES > ADVANCED tab

I've had the defect happen twice since applying the current firmware update.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

February 23rd, 2024 09:37

@jay_jay_jay​ Sorry for the poor instructions 😅

4 Posts

February 29th, 2024 16:13

@robifuze​ thanks, that is the only effective workaround. I understand that the degrading resampling takes place underneath, but that's better than that anyway.

4 Posts

February 29th, 2024 16:14

...and shame on you DELL! You've now got a hint where the cause may lay in.

No Events found!