• 

7 Posts

March 8th, 2023 11:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

WD19S Docking Station Audio Cutoff

Latitude 7430

Latitude 7430

Hello,

I have been using my WD19S Dell Docking station for a few days and I am running into an issue where while using headphones, the audio will either cut in and out briefly or the audio will disconnect completely until I replug my headphone. I am using a Logitech H570e wired headset. If I plug it directly into my Dell Latitude, there are no audio issues at all and will never cut out. I have updated all the drivers for the docking station which I downloaded directly from Dell's website. Anyone else have any issues with the audio and is there a potential fix?

Thank you

1 Message

September 30th, 2023 04:34

I have this problem on 2 different WD22TB4 docks. Issue seems isolated to the audio because my mic still works.

I have had these docks and headphones for almost a year and this problem recently started.

This is impacting my business. Do we have a fix? 

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

October 3rd, 2023 17:32

@jay_jay_jay​ Sending you a Direct Message

October 6th, 2023 12:47

I'm having the same issue with WD19TB - no sound on docking station and lose all my sound options on the PC.

isProTip

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

October 23rd, 2023 14:55

Not sure why this is marked as solved when the linked "solution" is simply the instructions to chat with support.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

October 23rd, 2023 14:59

@jay_jay_jay​ I've marked it for visibility only. This way, users will find the instructions more easily since it's at the top of the thread

4 Posts

October 24th, 2023 15:03

@DELL- Nat M​ just a suggestion: this could potentially confuse some users. They might interpret it as a definitive solution, thinking that by simply following these steps their issues will be resolved. Just something to consider.

1 Message

October 25th, 2023 09:21

Have the same Problem. Tried a differend WS19S Dock and a different Dell Laptop. 

I'm using a Poly Calisto 7200. I noticed a small lag at the mouse at the time the audio cuts off.

October 25th, 2023 12:49

Multiple people in my organization just started experiencing this over the last month or so.  We have various models of XPS 13 (9305, 9310, and 9315) and the WS19S and WD22TB4 docks.  We are using Sennheiser USB-A SC60 and Logitech H390 headsets.  

1 Message

October 30th, 2023 11:29

I'm so glad I found this thread.  I have been having this same issue ever since a purchased a new Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD22TB4. I currently use a Sennheiser SC 60 USB plugged into the front facing USB port, and intermittedly and throughout the day I will stop hearing audio in Microsoft Teams and Skype calls.  If I unplug and re-plug the USB headset back in, audio comes back immediately.  I have tried multiple headsets and the same occurs.  I am sorely tempted to return this docking station under guarantee if the problem is not resolved by a firmware update soon.  

3 Posts

October 31st, 2023 14:58

Hey Dell community,

after following this thread for quite a few weeks and seeing no real progress, I can really tell, you really have to take the workaround till docking station got a fixing update. It can also be an issue with the Realtek Audio drivers as many people reported a similar issue (‎Audio Crashes with Teams + DELL + USB Headset Poly | DELL Technologies), but the issue still occurs after updating the audio drivers to the "fixed" version.

I can confirm this issue occuring with a WD19S and a Plantronics Blackwire 3220 Series (plugged into usb hub from monitor which is connected to the docking station) and the only workaround is either re-plugging the headset or plug into local usb port of the notebook. With about 200 docking stations installed, RMA would be disastrous for both us as company and DELL.

Best regards,

xSOU1 | Jules

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

November 6th, 2023 22:55

@xSOU1​ Just to verify - you are saying that there is no fix for this besides unplugging the headset and plugging it back in to the docking station?

3 Posts

November 8th, 2023 07:21

@jay_jay_jay​ AFAIK yes - you have either the options of plugging in the headset directly into the notebook without docking station as temporary workaround OR replugging the headset on the docking station on error occurance till DELL releases a new firmware for the WD19S (hopefully soon).

And yes, it is a pain. DELL hopefully acquired all required logs from customers regarding this issue and can reproduce it.

Best regards,

xSOU1 | Jules

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

November 13th, 2023 22:00

@xSOU1​ I sent them logfiles on my setup a while ago. With the wide variety of hardware options in this thread I would think they could reproduce it easily? There's 8 months passed since this issue was posted here.

3 Posts

November 16th, 2023 08:18

@jay_jay_jay​ As long as we stay active in this topic and more members mention this problem, DELL has to re-prioritize the issue on their dev team.

For the moment, we have to be patient (the worst sentence I ever had to drop, as cloud services got crushed the last few weeks with small outages...).

Best regards,

xSOU1 | Jules

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

November 17th, 2023 16:47

Just for the record, using the "Get Help Now" chat for this issue has proven to yield no results so far. Under advice from this thread, I started a chat on September 27th and am still in the same chat. Basically the way it works is that I describe in detail what the problem is, they reply with the usual generic drivers/BIOS/hardware guides and I reply letting them know none of it has resolved the problem and also refer them to this community thread.

Then they'll say "we are waiting for an update from the senior team, once we have a reply we'll get back to you". A few days later I'll get notification that they've replied and the reply is something like "Did this resolve the problem for you?"

Then I reply telling them that nothing has been done and the cycle starts all over again with zero progress. It's almost like it's not a real human in the chat and it's an AI chatbot designed to make me waste time and never actually do anything.

Apologies if other people's experience has been different but that's where I'm at now.

No Events found!