• 

7 Posts

March 8th, 2023 11:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

WD19S Docking Station Audio Cutoff

Latitude 7430

Latitude 7430

Hello,

I have been using my WD19S Dell Docking station for a few days and I am running into an issue where while using headphones, the audio will either cut in and out briefly or the audio will disconnect completely until I replug my headphone. I am using a Logitech H570e wired headset. If I plug it directly into my Dell Latitude, there are no audio issues at all and will never cut out. I have updated all the drivers for the docking station which I downloaded directly from Dell's website. Anyone else have any issues with the audio and is there a potential fix?

Thank you

4 Posts

November 20th, 2023 14:59

Regrettably, I must point out that this is quite an upscale docking station, priced at approximately £200 in the UK. It's astonishing that we are still awaiting a resolution for a rather basic issue that significantly impacts our daily work activities.

1 Message

November 24th, 2023 15:16

Have you tried this?

https://www.dell.com/community/en/conversations/precision-mobile-workstations/headset-issue/64c105fdf4ccf8a8decf62de

Seems to be working for me, I had the exact same issues.

(The fix is to uninstall Dell Optimizer application)

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

November 28th, 2023 17:58

@Renkie​ Just speaking for myself - my Latitude has never had the Dell Optimizer application installed. The Dell Optimizer application is mentioned in page 3 of this thread.

I have heard rumors that a firmware fix is forthcoming and that Dell engineers have confirmed that this is a replicable defect.

1 Rookie

• 

14 Posts

November 28th, 2023 19:10

@jay_jay_jay​ I hope this is true

November 29th, 2023 21:37

"Get help now" told me it is a compatibility issue. there is not solution as of now.

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

January 3rd, 2024 23:57

"Get Help Now" closed my open case with them over the holiday break without issuing a fix. This issue is still unresolved. I do not recommend using "Get Help Now" for this reason. My chat was opened on 9/27/23 and closed without resolution on 12/23/23.

Supposedly there is a firmware fix coming this month but I don't know any more than that.

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

January 11th, 2024 22:26

@jay_jay_jay​ Hi everyone - they've released a firmware update! I've applied it but haven't fully tested yet to see if it works. Good luck! Here's a link to the WD22TB4 and WD19 dock firmware:

Dell Dock WD19/WD22TB4 Firmware Update Utility | Driver Details | Dell US 

3 Posts

January 15th, 2024 10:25

I am working with Plantronics. I never had a Problem with it until I got WD19 attached to the laptop. I am having audio drops as well. Very annoying (Using Webex and/or Microsoft Teams). I will try the update as well (thank you

@jay_jay_jay)

. The screenshot show the current Version having the Problem. Lets see how this week goes.

Additionally: I did not have the optimizer installed in the first place. So this may be unrelated to having it uninstalled.

(edited)

3 Posts

January 15th, 2024 13:02

Quick Update, was having a nice conversation via webex, for about 20-25 Minutes, and then it happened again. So the newest update for the Docking Station did not solve  the problem. 

I wouldn't be surprised if other users are still affected after updating their Firmwares as well. 

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

January 15th, 2024 14:13

The old firmware only has the usb headset cutoff issue occasionally, but the latest one released on 4th Jan brings terrible cracking noise in MS Teams, unless plugin to the usb port on the laptop. I have downgraded to the old firmware at least having clear sounds.

FYI, all bios/firmware on the latest version, Latitude 5420 with WD19S/WD19DS + Jabra usb headset

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

January 16th, 2024 21:58

Well, that's disappointing. Today is the first chance I've had for an extended test. I'm about 30 minutes in and so far it's working fine. I should have a better assessment by the end of the week.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 18th, 2024 07:12

@Rambits2​ I can confirm the cracking noise aswell.
We are using Logitech H390 Headsets.
As soon we use a USB port from the WD19S and audio input / output of the headset is given the weird loud cracking noise is happening.

Direct notebook ports are fine and do not replicate the issue.

Also I tested with an USB HUB between HS and Dock and it works too.

For some reason I can't downgrade the docking station firmware.

Any ideas why so? or how to do it properly.

Edit:
I managed to downgrade the WD19S to version 01.00.32 but the issue still occurs with weird loud cracking sounds.

Any ideas what to do here? Is it possible that the Dock is broken fully now?

(edited)

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2024 11:14

fyi I am working with Plantronics Blackwire Series 3200. So more incompatible  Hardware to add into Dell's List?
I know its definitely related to the DockingStation. I have a WD19DCS which does not even have an Audio Output to be used as workaround. My headset is connected via USB to the Docking Station.

Before the WD19DCS I had a before a WD19S (without dual USB-C cable) and it was fine. 

My Workaround currently is connect the Headset directly into the USB-C Port of the laptop instead of the DockingStation. But that can not be the solution on the long term.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2024 13:54

We did also open a dell support ticket for that specific WD19S audio issue with USB ports.
Hopefully they are keeping track of that. For now I can't really say anything about the status.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 26th, 2024 15:23

I'm also having this issue in my environment. We use Latitude 5410s, 5411s, 5420s, and 5430s with all flavors of the WD19 dock series. WD19S, WD19TBS and such. I have 6 users out of roughly 95 that are having this issue. I've done all the firmware and patches and updates, wires headsets are not working well from the dock, but wireless headsets from the dock seem to be working fine. I've been telling users to use either a Bluetooth earbuds/headset or plug directly into their laptops. Really need a fix on this ASAP Dell!

No Events found!