• 

7 Posts

March 8th, 2023 11:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

WD19S Docking Station Audio Cutoff

Latitude 7430

Latitude 7430

Hello,

I have been using my WD19S Dell Docking station for a few days and I am running into an issue where while using headphones, the audio will either cut in and out briefly or the audio will disconnect completely until I replug my headphone. I am using a Logitech H570e wired headset. If I plug it directly into my Dell Latitude, there are no audio issues at all and will never cut out. I have updated all the drivers for the docking station which I downloaded directly from Dell's website. Anyone else have any issues with the audio and is there a potential fix?

Thank you

July 31st, 2023 01:00

That's an interesting thought - I also have an external webcam plugged in via the dock.  That does not stop showing my video to others I think, at least nobody has mentioned that - but I will see if I can find out for sure next time it happens.  I do not experience any other issue when this happens such as losing the picture on my monitor, charging, etc.  It is just the audio I can hear from others - definitely feels like some kind of bug for audio headsets connected via the dock.

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

July 31st, 2023 05:00

So far people here have reported the speakers (not microphones) muting on Plantronics, Creative and Sennheiser headsets. This tends to make me think the defect isn't with the variety of headsets attached to the docks, but that the defect is with the dock itself.

2 Posts

August 1st, 2023 00:00

Maybe not  directly related, however I experience the same/similar issue with 2 different Plantronics headphones 3xxx and 5xxx and 2 different Dell monitors: S3423DWC and U2722DE.

Sound is disappearing after undetermined amount of time and it is only regained, when USB headphones are unplugged and plugged into USB port. Applications still show the device, I can control sound level using physical control buttons. Interesting thing, when the issue does occur, I can hear beeps, when changing sound level using physical buttons on Plantronics controller, but when I change sound level via WIndows, then it is silent. Sometimes sound disappears after 1-2 minutes, sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes.

4 Posts

August 1st, 2023 01:00

Hi there, I've been following this thread for some time and I thought it was time to share my experience. I'm encountering the same issue with my Creative Pebble Speakers. After some period of use, the sound gets disrupted and turns into a noticeable hissing noise. I'd really appreciate any advice or solutions to resolve this problem.

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

August 2nd, 2023 17:00

I'm seeing the same symptoms with my Plantronics headset. I think you can hear the beeps adjusting volume because the beeps are being generated upstream from the Docking Station. I think there's electronics in the small box on the wire going to the headset that generate that noise.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

August 15th, 2023 14:28

@jay_jay_jay​ absolutely - especially since the audio devices I have tried all work perfectly when connected directly to the Dell laptop ports rather than the Dell Docks.  They also work perfectly with other docks I have (both Displayport type, Startech and Diamond brands) chromebooks, etc.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

August 18th, 2023 15:12

After some further testing, I found that the issue keeps occurring even when using different Dell docking stations. We have tried 3 different docking stations total with both Logitech and Dell headsets and the issue will still happen. When the issue does happen, it seems to completely disable the audio driver and sometimes other drivers as well (bluetooth/camera). We have tried the docking station on a non Dell laptop (LG Gram) and did not run into this issue once. This leads me to believe that the issue is due to the laptop instead. I wanted to see if anyone else here has tried testing on a non Dell laptop and see if you get the same results. As a side note, I still have my ticket open with Dell and will keep escalating this issue until it's resolved. 

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

August 19th, 2023 01:32

Important: If the below info doesn't help or you don't have this software installed, the engineering team stated that for now to use the system ports for audio related purposes.

Please try this Dell support article here

Steps from the article (note the article link has images that might make this a little easier):

To resolve for Latitude, OptiPlex, and Precision computers, disable Remove Others' Background Noise function in the Dell Optimizer Application.

1. Open the Dell Optimizer Application.
  2. Select Audio in the Elevate Your Dell Experience section
  3. Set the Remove Others' Background Noise function to OFF

To resolve for Inspiron and Vostro computers, disable Remove Noise function in the Waves MaxxAudio Pro Application.

1. Open the Waves MaxxAudio Pro Application.
  2. Select the Voice tab.
  3. Under Speaker setting, set the Remove Noise function to OFF

(edited)

1 Message

August 22nd, 2023 18:29

We're having the same issue as well. Audio will cut out randomly in all applications.

Operating System: Windows 11

Lapmargin: 0;">Headset Logitech H570e

Docking Station: WD19S

We have tried updating and reinstalling drivers, checking for firmware updates, windows updates etc. This computer is brand new so we did not reinstall the operating system.

4 Posts

August 23rd, 2023 12:46

@Dell-BradL​ I initially couldn't find the Dell Optimizer application on my device and had to install it. Even after following the steps you've listed from the support article, there was no change. It might be more helpful to others if you move the "Important" note to the beginning of the message, as the current guidance seems a bit misleading.

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

August 23rd, 2023 15:12

@Dell-BradL​ I'm having this problem on my Latitude 7420 but it isn't listed as an affected model in that support article.

I also do not have the Dell Optimizer application or the Waves MaxxAudio Pro application installed on my Latitude 7420. Neither app is listed in the Windows installed apps listing.

Regards,

Jay

PS - That support article you linked to makes no mention of the WD19S docking station which is the common link to this defect.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

19 Posts

August 23rd, 2023 15:13

@ldavids7​ May I ask how you opened a ticket? Our organization is telling me that they weren't aware of a process to open a ticket directly with Dell.

Thanks!

3 Posts

August 28th, 2023 09:00

@Dell-Brad L​ I am assuming the above mentioned fix does not work if you do not already have Dell Optimisor and Waves already installed on the machines?

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

August 28th, 2023 14:42

@Duco86​ You can try it as a possible workaround still (installing them/following steps), but I have alerted the team that it didn't work for @cubone If you do decide to try it, please let us know if it helps or changes anything. 

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

August 28th, 2023 14:46

@jay_jay_jay​ I have alerted the team on this, from my understanding it should help on the WD19S still, but I will let you know what I hear back.

No Events found!