• 

7 Posts

March 8th, 2023 11:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

WD19S Docking Station Audio Cutoff

Latitude 7430

Latitude 7430

Hello,

I have been using my WD19S Dell Docking station for a few days and I am running into an issue where while using headphones, the audio will either cut in and out briefly or the audio will disconnect completely until I replug my headphone. I am using a Logitech H570e wired headset. If I plug it directly into my Dell Latitude, there are no audio issues at all and will never cut out. I have updated all the drivers for the docking station which I downloaded directly from Dell's website. Anyone else have any issues with the audio and is there a potential fix?

Thank you

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

February 19th, 2024 10:23

I have another workaround. You have to go into the properties of the speakers and set the format 16bit, 48000Hz (DVD Quality) to 16bit, 44100Hz (CD Quality) and hit apply.

(edited)

isGoodTroubleshooting

Community Manager

• 

2.1K Posts

September 12th, 2023 13:46

(Marking this as a solution for visibility only!)

Hi all,

To speed up the resolution process, we kindly request your collaboration in raising this issue with tech support. More cases mean more information, leading to a faster resolution.

Please proceed as follows:

1. Make sure you updated all drivers and BIOS to the latest version. For a workaround please use the ports directly on the system for audio instead of the dock. 
  2. Contact Get Help Now by clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to chat with an agent.
  3. Inform the agent whether the issue is occurring with one headset or multiple (they will request you to test another headset for troubleshooting purposes).
  4. Provide the brand and name of the headsets you have tested.
  5. (Skip if not possible) Record the issue and upload it to OneDrive, Google Drive, etc., then share the link with the agents.
  6. Collect your system logs by following these steps and attach them to your shared folder along with the recording.

Thank you for your cooperation!

(edited)

278 Posts

March 13th, 2023 02:00

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the audio settings: Make sure that the audio settings on your computer are configured to use the docking station as the default audio output device. You can do this by going to the Sound settings in Windows and selecting the docking station as the default device.

2. Update the firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your docking station and update it if necessary. You can find the latest firmware updates on Dell's website.

3. Try a different headset: Try using a different headset to see if the issue persists. This will help determine if the issue is with your current headset or the docking station.

4. Check the cable connections: Ensure that all the cable connections between the docking station and your computer are securely plugged in. A loose connection can cause audio issues.

March 14th, 2023 09:00

We are experiencing the same issue. We are rolling out Latitude 7530 with WD19S docks. We have already updated firmware on the dock, all fully patched win10 enterprise.

Initially noticed on Teams calls after about 15 mins would cut out then had to reconnect to dock usb. tried front and back. 

This issue is on a number of machines with identical hardware and also using the Logitech USB H540. 

In a way, glad we are not the only ones having this issue. 

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

March 14th, 2023 10:00

Yup, sounds very similar to the issues we are running into. We will always have to replug the headset into the dock in order to get our audio back. We even tried other logitech headsets and they all have the same audio cutout issue. Were you able to try connecting it directly to your laptop and see if you still run into the same issue? Only asking because if it works fine with the direct connection, then it's very likely there is some kind of compatibility issue with the headset and the docking station. Also, if you don't mind sharing, could you please show me the other posts of machines running into similar issues? Thank you

March 14th, 2023 11:00

plugging into laptop usb port directly works perfectly. the issue is definitely in the docking station.

At first I thought my 2x 4k monitors (DP connections)  were exhausting the docking station, however I have 3 other same hardware setups with 1080 monitors and they are experiencing same cutouts.

we have another 20 laptops combos to roll out, and we are slowing down this rollout due to this issue. and another 50 laptops/docks to be ordered and provisioned, but so far its a non starter. should have stuck with lenovos, lol.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

March 14th, 2023 14:00

We are experiencing the exact same issue. Have to unplug and replug just to fix sound. Have reproduced with two different types of USB headsets. Everything is already fully updated. Definitely an issue with the WD19S dock itself. Hopefully Dell recognizes the issue.

2 Posts

March 17th, 2023 03:00

Hello,

I have same issue. Laptop: Dell Latitude 7420. USB Headset:Poly-C5220.

I upgreded firmware of Docking, Headset and Laptop Bios. 

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

March 23rd, 2023 07:00

I've opened up a ticket with the Dell support team and so far they have told me that this is an issue with the headset and not the docking station which doesn't make sense to me. I'll continue to escalate this issue with them and see if they can have a solution for all of us.

2 Posts

March 23rd, 2023 08:00

Hi, I checked my Headset with Dell D6000 docking station. It works. but not with WD19S docking station.

March 23rd, 2023 09:00

i have a ticket open with Dell as well, after some repeated back and forth, the tech has escalated to engineers and "The Engineering team is working on a firmware update for the dock. We will reach out to you once we receive any update from the team. "

Once I have any updates, I will post here.

I do strongly recommend to everyone having this issue to open a ticket with Dell Support and reference this ticket so they know its not a "one of" problem. The more issues raised, the more traction we will see and higher priority.. hopefully.

1 Message

April 6th, 2023 07:00

Same problem, Dell XPS 13 7390 on Dell WD19S and USB headsets. Audio works for a random amount of time and then silence. Seem to be something in the WD19S, no system messages about some kind of hardware change or similar.

1 Message

April 24th, 2023 08:00

I got the same issue with the WD19S dock with a Precision 3571 and fully updated firmware and drivers running on Windows 11

1 Message

April 24th, 2023 10:00

@vishvajitd wrote:
  1. Check the audio settings: Make sure that the audio settings on your computer are configured to use the docking station as the default audio output device. You can do this by going to the Sound settings in Windows and selecting the docking station as the default device.

After going through the settings and various menus I can find no way whatsoever to "use the docking station as the default audio output device". Can you provide step-by-step instructions, perhaps with screen captures? This audio drop-off in Teams is causing a lot of problems for me. I would plug the headset directly into the laptop -- but there are only USB-C ports on the laptop, so it's not compatible.

3 Posts

May 1st, 2023 08:00

Same issue, using with Dell XPS 15.  Turning external speakers on and off temporarily fixes it.  Speakers are USB C powered and connected to back of dock.

No Events found!