XPS 13 Ultrabook Ivy Bridge Release?

For Enterprise

For Enterprise
Technology, Solutions & Services to meet your Business Needs

XPS 13 Ultrabook Ivy Bridge Release?

This question is answered

Is there a time frame for a XPS 13 Ultrabook with Ivy Bridge?

I'm about to buy the 2nd Gen, but wondering if should wait for a Ivy Bridge version?

Thanks in advanced.

Verified Answer
  • I checked with a forum moderator. At this time, the XPS 8500 desktop is being shipped with Ivy Bridge. There are three Alienware notebooks and a few Vostro and Insirons with it. No time frame for the XPS13 that we know of.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

All Replies
  • I`ll check on this for you and see if any one has that info yet.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

#DellWorld2012

• I checked with a forum moderator. At this time, the XPS 8500 desktop is being shipped with Ivy Bridge. There are three Alienware notebooks and a few Vostro and Insirons with it. No time frame for the XPS13 that we know of.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

#DellWorld2012

• Thanks!

• Anything new yet, i will buy this laptop but i am waiting for ivy bridge. :)

• I'd be interested in an update as well.  I need to replace my 4-year old Dell Latitude XT very soon, and I want a Dell XPS 13 ultrabook.

If it's matter of weeks until the Ivy Bridge version ships, I can wait.  If it's a matter of months, I won't.

Any insights would be appreciated.

• HWMNBN,

XPS 14 and 15 started shipping yesterday with Ivy Bridge. I`ll check and see if I can get a date for the 13.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

#DellWorld2012

• @sugarbear18, Many thanks!

• HWMNBN

I'd be interested in an update as well.  I need to replace my 4-year old Dell Latitude XT very soon, and I want a Dell XPS 13 ultrabook.

If it's matter of weeks until the Ivy Bridge version ships, I can wait.  If it's a matter of months, I won't.

Any insights would be appreciated.

I have been told it will be soon on the 13. Big Smile

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

#DellWorld2012

• Ah, but is there a more specific time frame - weeks, months? I'm getting this computer too, but if it is going to be released with Ivy Bridge before the school year starts, then I can wait. If it won't be until after September, then I might as well get it tomorrow and have the extra time with it instead of drooling over the youtube videos.

Thanks for keeping us informed!

• Dell does not give out information ahead of a launch. The only info I could get as a Dell Rockstar, is soon. As I learn more I will gladly let you know.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

#DellWorld2012

• Hm, looks like I'll wait a bit longer then. Thanks for sharing the info!

• We kept waiting for Dell but my wife got impatient.  Every other company seems to now have a 13 inch ultrabook model with Ivy Bridge.  We normally only buy Dell but the combination four things has forced us to jump ship to the Vaio.  And I am not happy about it!  These are: 

The long delay to release Ivy Bridge
    The lack of ability to customize any hardware
    The artificial limit of 4GB RAM
    The lack of a LAN port...which is really needed for backups and other major transfers.

I hope Dell makes some changes in the future.  While it is a year or so old, my XPS L502X is a good example of a nice customizable laptop with a great screen.

• sugarbear18

Dell does not give out information ahead of a launch. The only info I could get as a Dell Rockstar, is soon. As I learn more I will gladly let you know.

Do you know if the update will be processor only or will it be part of a larger update?

• BuffaloBorn

sugarbear18

Dell does not give out information ahead of a launch. The only info I could get as a Dell Rockstar, is soon. As I learn more I will gladly let you know.

Do you know if the update will be processor only or will it be part of a larger update?

We won`t know that until closer to a launch date.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

#DellWorld2012

• Is there any further update? im tempted by the xps 14z ultrabook, but i really prefer the size of the 13z.

J