Alienware X51 sound problem

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware X51 sound problem

This question is not answered

hello i bough new x51 computer few days ago and i have problem with sound. there isn't any sound at all and i need help on how to fix it. i tried different monitor and still no sound. the sound system i have is call Realtek High Definition Audio. please help thank you.

All Replies
  • jasonQvan

hello i bough new x51 computer few days ago and i have problem with sound. there isn't any sound at all and i need help on how to fix it. i tried different monitor and still no sound. the sound system i have is call Realtek High Definition Audio. please help thank you.

Did you test it with another set of speakers to make sure your speakers work or test the speakers with something like an ipod or phone? I know you said you tried another monitor but I gotta ask Wink 

Could there be a setting on your monitor to turn it on? You can also right click the white speaker icon in your task bar, click playback devices and make sure your monitor speakers are set to default. Just click the monitor speaker icon from the list and then click the Set Default button. If you don't see the monitor on the list then right click the empty space and make sure both options are set to SHOW Big Smile

If you click the red speaker icon in the task bar that will bring up the Realtek control panel. You can go through those settings too. Just a few ideas.

If all of that has been done then you can also go into the BIOS and make sure the onboard sound is enabled.

You can click the Self Help link below on my sig and it can give you directions on how to do some of this if my directions are not good enough. Here is a link to setting up Analog speakers with your x51 system: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=538702&~lt=print

I am pretty sure your solution is going to be somewhere in all the stuff I listed to do but if not then just ask and I can have you try some more options.

Good luck and grats on your new X51Yes

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
    Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder