Folder permissions for multiple user accounts - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Folder permissions for multiple user accounts

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Folder permissions for multiple user accounts

This question has been answered by aravind.kesiraju

Hello

Is there a way to pull a report on folder permissions for multiple users.

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Hello Durga

One of the reasons we put in path as a parameter is to avoid returning the entire folder list on the selected computers.

Having said that, this is a custom query report and the parameter 'Include the following paths:' can be deleted from the query manually.

This will return results for all the folders on the selected computers for the selected accounts. This is one advantage with custom query reports, as they can be edited easily as per your requirement.

Aravind

All Replies
  • Folder Permissions for Accounts.zip

Hello Durga

I've attached a custom query version of the report 'Folder Permissions for Account'.

The existing out of box report has been extended as a custom query report and this supports multiple accounts.

Please note that as this is a custom query report, it does not support wildcard characters.

Aravind

• Thank you Aravind. I am going to test now and get back you.

• Hello Aravind

I am not getting any data for user when I tried to input user id under "Include permissions for these accounts and their group membership"- No data found

• Hello Durga

Can you please confirm if you have AD, Computer and NTFS discoveries run against the selected targets. The discoveries should also collect group membership and object permissions for the report to run.

Aravind

• Yes we do and we have other reports working.

below is the screenshot and I am using my account ID in the search

• The User and Name here represents accounts that are obtained by the collection made through File Storage Analysis.

Please type the user name directly on the main report window and click 'Add' to add it to the list as shown below

• Could you please give me your email address so I can send you more details. I tried the way you suggested and it still doesn't work.

• Hello Durga

Can you please forward your request to the Enterprise Reporter product support team. We will be able to assist you from there.

Thank you

Aravind

• I ran few tests, noticed that it works when I do a search and select subfolder but doesn't work with top folders/shares. Any ideas why?

• Hello Durga

The report checks for the exact folder path as stored in the database, so as long as the parameter value matches the value stored in the database, it will be picked up.

Aravind

• most of the requests are to run a report for user and not on folder. So it should search for all folders under the topfolder and give the results. We don't know where the user have permissions.

for example- \\testserver\c$\ntfsfolder

• and we have 1000's of folders so search doesn't bring up all the results.

• we have 1000's folders so search is not very friendly and either doesn't bring up all the results or the scroll doesn't work

• Hello Durga

One of the reasons we put in path as a parameter is to avoid returning the entire folder list on the selected computers.

Having said that, this is a custom query report and the parameter 'Include the following paths:' can be deleted from the query manually.

This will return results for all the folders on the selected computers for the selected accounts. This is one advantage with custom query reports, as they can be edited easily as per your requirement.

Aravind