Domain Groups with Members - Display Name - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Domain Groups with Members - Display Name

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Domain Groups with Members - Display Name

This question has been answered by DELL-Samer E

Hello,

I'm using Enterprise Reporter for Active Directory 1.0 SP1. I just purchased the software and am starting to run my first reports. One of the reports I need is the Domain Groups with Members with an output of Display Name, not User ID. I don't see this is an available field to choose from while I'm customizing this report.

Is there another way I can have this specific report show Display Name instead of user ID? The managers in the company do not know everyone's user ID, so having the Display would make more sense to them.

Verified Answer
  • Hello Seth,

Unfortunately, this is not possible with Enterprise Reporter v1.0.  This functionality has been added to Enterprise Reporter v2.0 which is expected to be released in November 21, 2013.

Thanks,

Samer

• Hello Seth,

Unfortunately, this option is not available for the "Folder Permissions with Membership" report. However, it's available for "Folder Permissions" report (which will not show the nested groups and members).

We have logged your request for a product enhancement. Your product enhancement ID is 326304.

Dell Software Product Management periodically reviews all open enhancement requests and considers them for inclusion in a future release. There is no guarantee that a specific enhancement request will be implemented in a future release of Dell's products.

Thanks,

Samer

All Replies
  • Hello Seth,

Unfortunately, this is not possible with Enterprise Reporter v1.0.  This functionality has been added to Enterprise Reporter v2.0 which is expected to be released in November 21, 2013.

Thanks,

Samer

• Thank you Samer! I figured that was the answer, and I look forward to v2.0 being released.

• I have just updated to Enterprise Reporter 2.0. The 'Display Name' field is still not available while running the report Folder Permissions with Membership. It's critical that we have this field displayed as opposed to user IDs, as those responsible for the data reviews are not in the IT Department.

Should I open a support case for this?

• Hello Seth,

Unfortunately, this option is not available for the "Folder Permissions with Membership" report. However, it's available for "Folder Permissions" report (which will not show the nested groups and members).

We have logged your request for a product enhancement. Your product enhancement ID is 326304.

Dell Software Product Management periodically reviews all open enhancement requests and considers them for inclusion in a future release. There is no guarantee that a specific enhancement request will be implemented in a future release of Dell's products.

Thanks,

Samer