Luciano's Nephew Needs a New Computer

Dell Global Sales Training

Dell Global Sales Training
Dell Global Sales Training & Development provides this community for people who sell Dell systems. It contains sales training content as well as a forum for posting questions, thoughts & ideas related to the sales training material.

By Luciano Borges,

An Instructional Designer for the Commercial Sales Training and Development Team

One of my nephews, Vitor, is a lot like me…we like the same movies, podcasts, and video games. And of course we are both big fans of online multiplayer games.

Recently Vitor had a problem with his old computer. The system started frequently seizing up with the “blue screen of death.” Although he knows a lot about computers, he couldn’t figure it out, so he asked for my help. We eventually realized that it was a processor issue.  And since it was an old computer, I worried that replacing the processor might cause other problems. So I suggested that he buy a new computer. 

I thought that the new XPS 8500 would suit his needs well. We configured one on the Dell website with an i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a dedicated video card. Then I called the 1-800 number for Dell and finished the purchase within 15 minutes. The sales associate told me it would be delivered within 12 days...we ended up receiving it six days later! Gotta’ love that super fast shipping.

Vitor was so excited when I brought it to him. When we unboxed it, I was impressed...it is a beautiful machine. The XPS has a fantastic design, it’s very clean. It came with a wireless mouse and keyboard that helps keep things tidy too. I liked not having cables running all over the place.

My nephew seems to love his new XPS 8500. He’s excited about the clean design and the number of USB ports. He says that it opens applications about 2-3x faster than his old machine and performs much better overall. He even thinks the quality of the speakers is superior to the sub-woofer that he used previously. Installing new games like Diablo III© and Battlefield 3© was really easy. And now he can run them using the maximum setting without losing any performance. For a gamer, this is probably the most important thing about any system!

I am very happy that my nephew is another satisfied customer. And I’m also now really happy to be in the running for "Uncle of the Year."  :)

• Nice story. Running Battlefield 3 is a joy on a powerful system. The problem now will be how to get to sleep after a frantic game. Maybe buy some classical music to play on those speakers :)