Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
J

Community Accepted Solution

Unable to start a new discussion under the XPS forum

I've tried to post twice under the Laptop > XPS forum and the post shows up for about a minute then disappears with a 404 error. I know the post was successful, because my profile shows that I started a new community post, but the thread vanishes.

Question

Closed

Dell IdeaStorm?

Question based on this 2009 post. www.ideastorm.com appears to take one to the main Dell US site and provides no apparent means of making suggestions is there an update for this option? Found a link discussing IdeaStorm 2.0 that page dated 2012 also now links to the main Dell US site, too. Found

Question

Closed

All My Prior Posts Gone?

I signed on today to ask a question. I used my ID and PW.  I went to Bookmarks, and there were none.  I noticed there were also no prior posts or badges. I checked my status, and it had the correct email, and said I joined March 7, 2014, which is correct.  It said I had one post.&nbs

Question

Closed

FINAL! Week 4 Question 12/4/2023 - 12/10/2023: POST REPLY HERE

🎄 'Tis the season for wishes! 🎅 If you could ask Dell Santa for one Dell product this Holiday Season, what would it be? Whether it's a dream laptop, a workstation powerhouse, or an accessory that's been on your mind, share your festive Dell wish list and let's discuss the tech magic we're hoping f

Question

Closed

Week 3 Question 11/27/2023 - 12/3/2023: POST REPLY HERE

What are the best practices for cleaning and maintaining my Dell laptop or desktop for optimal performance? Please post your response below. Visit How to Participate + Official Rules for more information. 1st Place Winner for week 3: @JOcean  2nd Place Winner for week 3: @bradthetechnut&

Question

Week 2 Question 11/20/2023 - 11/26/2023: POST REPLY HERE

Let's talk about Dell's thermal management solutions. How do you keep your Dell laptop cool during heavy workloads? Please post your response below. Visit How to Participate + Official Rules for more information. 1st Place Winner for week 2: @therealjerry64  2nd Place Winner for we

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Week 1 Question 11/13/2023 - 11/19/2023: POST REPLY HERE

How do you manage driver updates and firmware upgrades on your Dell devices, and do you have any tips to share? Please post your response below. Visit How to Participate + Official Rules for more information. 1st Place Winner for week 1: @p4g1wv54BcbACgJA 2nd Place Winner for week 2: @JOcean 

Question

Closed

Direct Messaging Still Unavailable

@RoHe We previously discussed the fact that I have no Direct Messaging capability in the Tech Experts Forum, which subsequently has disappeared from my Forum options.  In fact, as a Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Instructor, I would like to be considered for admission, but I cannot DM @Del

Question

Official Solution

Closed

I have my own avatar that I want to use on this forum buy there's no option anywhere for me to upload it so please help me out with this now?

Question

Closed

Trying to respond to a thread, not allowed?

I am trying to reply to the thread Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, Touchpad issues - Dell Community and I'm seeing a cropped version of message "Sorry, either you cannot reply to this topic or you have not verified your email address by clicking on the verification link in the email we sent you when you re

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Chimera Contest 4/24 - 5/5 Submissions

INSTRUCTIONS HERE ON HOW TO PARTICIPATE  On 4/28 the replies will be locked for you to vote via kudo on the best system.   Please kudo the submission you think is the best retro fit of new parts into old towers/cases! VOTING CLOSED ON 5/5 CONGRATS TO @redxps630 for your submission! Your friends sys

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Change Community Name

How do I change my community screen name? Why it has to be impossible?

Question

Official Solution

Don't see the option for EDITING my post?

Hi, I can not find the option for editing my own post when logged in in community forum? Never saw any other forum interface that doesn't have such a basic option. May be I am blind :). Please correct me if so and point me to the option if available. Not big deal but strange if there

Question

Official Solution

Closed

How to participate:

How to Participate: As part of the Dell Community, Superusers have access to the Let’s Get Centripetal board. A question will be posted on the first of each month for a thirty (30) day period. During this time, any valid board replies demonstrating intent to resolution will qualify for points. The p

Question

Closed

Can no longer edit my Forum profile signature?

Easy one. I can't find where to update the signature that shows up on the bottom of all my posts? The PC stats, etc.     

Question

Closed

verify email

my email verification expired. says I need to get it resent in my profile but can't seem to find where?  As a result, I can't reply to some of my posts and other threads?

Question

Links to individual posts in threads?

Is there a way to hyperlink to individual posts in threads? I'd like to be able to link back to an earlier post I've made to save repeating information. The only way I can see to do this is to quote the posting time/date.

Question

Official Solution

Email verification link (cannot verify my email address)

Hello, I created my Dell account several years ago, today I have a problem and I would like to comment on a topic in the forum. Unfortunately, I can't answer because it says my email address is not verified. I can't find an option to resend this verification email. Can you help me ?

Question

Spam for Indian or Indian-related web sites

Dell-KodySwenson, Dell-KodySwenson This month I have seen many spam messages masquerading as legit posts. They are always from new forum accounts and always linking to sites in India or related to India. Some are posts in new threads created by the suspect account. Some are posts in other members'

Question

Official Solution

Closed

How do I post a question to the Forum?

How do I post a question to the Forum?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!