Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

403 Posts

January 20th, 2023 11:00

Can no longer edit my Forum profile signature?

XPS 8930

XPS 8930

Easy one. I can't find where to update the signature that shows up on the bottom of all my posts? The PC stats, etc. 

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

January 21st, 2023 16:00

Somebody else recently reported a slightly different Signature problem. Send a PM to @DELL-Chris M and maybe he can fix this for you... 

And I suppose it's also possible they just took away permission to have a sig from forum users below a certain participation level...

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

January 20th, 2023 12:00

Change Signature:

Click your user icon at top right of any forum page and select My Settings

Click Personal>Personal Information

Signature is 3rd box from top of that screen, where you can edit the info that automatically appears at bottom of every one of your posts.

1 Rookie

• 

403 Posts

January 21st, 2023 07:00

Ron,

I remember now.

I asked this question a few years ago. Same problem now. For some reason, I don't have a "Signature" box anymore. 

I was told that something needed to be done (via the forum) to get my Signature box to show up on my personal information. I never heard back from anyone and forgot about it until now.

1 Rookie

• 

403 Posts

January 23rd, 2023 05:00

This is marked "Solved", but it is not solved for me. I do not have the option on my profile page for Signature. The 3rd box from the top of that page is "Title."

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2023 05:00

The rules were changed by the Forum software vendor. The role "Registered Users" lost the ability to edit the signature. Only elevated role "Rockstars" can edit their signature.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2023 06:00

" I do not have the option on my profile page for Signature."
It is solved. As I stated above, that is by design with the new Forum software version. Your non-elevated role does not get the option to edit the signature. I had to manually edit your signature for you.

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

January 23rd, 2023 11:00

@spotteddog  - I did suggest (guess) most users have lost the ability to have/edit sigs.

@DELL-Chris M  - So from now on, do we just tell users to send you a PM and you'll fix their sig issues? 

This Rockstar, for one, doesn't want to be dealing with sig issues for other users.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 24th, 2023 05:00

So from now on, do we just tell users to send you a PM and you'll fix their sig issues?
* Correct. I will deal with them.

1 Rookie

• 

12 Posts

October 17th, 2023 05:10

So Sprinklr altered the rules of their platform in a way that leaves countless users with pre-existing signatures they can no longer edit? And a company as big as Dell signed on to use their platform for a community portal, without negotiating sufficient control over it to be able to change that?

...Whatever they pay you, @DELL-Chris M, it's not nearly enough.

No Events found!