Which Dell is best for me - XPS or Inspiron or Latitude or Precision or Chromebook ? - What Do I Buy Forum - What Do I Buy - Dell Community

Which Dell is best for me - XPS or Inspiron or Latitude or Precision or Chromebook ?

What Do I Buy

What Do I Buy
Need help deciding which product or service to purchase? Let us help you!

Which Dell is best for me - XPS or Inspiron or Latitude or Precision or Chromebook ?

This question has been answered by sugarbear18

First of all, I reside in India. I already own a Inspiron. But, I want to upgrade it, whether not to upgrade, I am little bit confused. 

I have came across several notebooks and laptops but more options adds more confusion. Budget is not a problem for me. I can go up to Rs.1,50,000 ($2200 to $2500), generally priced higher in my country, thanks to our taxation policies. As I researched through Dell website and other websites over internet. I concluded that,

• XPS - the XPS line is all about high-end looks, with specs and pricing to match.
  • Inspiron - These laptops are definitely not made for business, nor do they have the premium features of the pricier XPS line.
  • Alienware - These are good for heavy gamers
  • Latitude - True Business line laptops
  • Chromebook - Education, business, multimedia — you name it and Dell probably has a Chromebook for it. 
  • Precision - Good for mechanical design, engineering simulations or animations

According to this, I think I should own a XPS series laptop. I think specifications of these laptops also differ country-wise. Option 1 - XPS 15, Option 2 - XPS 15, i7-7700HQ, Option 3 - XPS 13 2-in-1 laptop, Option 4 - XPS 13, 6500U ultrabook. I have these options according to me. 

I request you to provide your suggestion regarding to what should I buy? I can switch to other options as well.

My basic requirements for laptop are as follows

• i7 processor
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Windows 10 operating system
  • 13 to 15 inch screen display
  • Light weight and slimmer in body
  • Touchscreen can be an advantage
  • Quality graphics
  • Should have a LAN Port
  • Storage is not an issue, still 250GB is minimum requirement

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Hi best_prices,

I would get the biggest processor and best video card that is offered on an XPS 15. The XPS 15 is slim and light weight, but a big enough screen to be able to work or watch a movie.

I would get Lan also, because there is not wifi every where you might go.

Touch screen is very handy to have. Get the largest storage available, you can never have to much storage.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

All Replies
  • Hi best_prices,

I would get the biggest processor and best video card that is offered on an XPS 15. The XPS 15 is slim and light weight, but a big enough screen to be able to work or watch a movie.

I would get Lan also, because there is not wifi every where you might go.

Touch screen is very handy to have. Get the largest storage available, you can never have to much storage.

Teddi

Forum member since 2005

Ideastorm member since 2007

#DellWorld2012, #DellWorld2015, #DellEMCWorld 2016,# DellEMCWorld2017
    If my answer was helpful, please click the YES Button. Thank You.

• Thanks for your suggestion. I will go for XPS 15.