Alienware 14 - can not update Nvidia Drivers

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware 14 - can not update Nvidia Drivers

This question is not answered

Hello ! (sorry for my bad english)

Few days ago i saw a notification that new version of nvidia driver is avaiable. I clicked on link in my Nvidia Control Panel and it has redirected me to nvidia download page with driver. Unfortunetely, i cant install this driver becouse installer says that "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". How can I fix it?

All Replies
  • kukicola,  we recommend to install the latest version for the driver on our support website. Just follow this steps in order to do it.

Dani L
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty! 
    For US and Canada, if you have any questions about upgrades contact us at alienwareupgrades@dell.com
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube | If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

• Yes I agree but Dells response is complete unacceptable in my opinion we should be able to install the latest driver from Nvidia and get the performance increase!

The work around I found was get the latest beta driver. They are always stable and work great. Download from here

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

• This is not an answer. The drivers on the Dell site are quite old. I know I am already getting annoyed at games telling me to update to 320.11 or newer... as if I had a choice.

• You can try updating the driver following these steps

1. Start Windows and logon with an administrator account.

2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

3. Make sure View by Category is selected, and click Uninstall a program.

4. Select NVIDIA Drivers, and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.

5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation.

6. Flash the BIOS to the Latest version (A04)

7. Download the latest driver from the NVidia website.

8 Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.

Let us know how it goes.  

Alienware-Milena
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    #iwork4Dell
    Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
    I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

• Like others, I went through this already (and tech support went and repeated that as well). The end result ended up something like: "It looks like you just have to use our driver releases." Which isn't an answer when Dell/Alienware takes so long to release drivers.

Allow me to add - the machines have been shipping with A04. I also go one step further, and use driversweeper to ensure that the old driver is completely removed before attempting the new one.