M14x Bad wireless problems

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

M14x Bad wireless problems

• Recently I've been having a really annoying problem with my M14x where I lose internet connection within 2 minutes of connecting.  I have two routers at my home and the only way I can effectively use the internet is to switch between them every minute and a half, which is tedious and annoying.

NOTE: the connections to  the routers still show solid 4-5 bar connections even after I lose internet access.j

Please help!

• jeff_campbell,

I would start the troubleshooting process by reinstalling the wireless card driver and then restarting the system. Then, retest.

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Drivers
    Order Status

• I am having the same problem with my wireless connection.. We have one router. My boyfriend looked at it and said it was trying to connect between two files within the router. So he blocked one, that fixed it til the computer was restarted. Now he has updated the driver about a few days ago. I haven't been on the WiFi since he has updated but every time I try it wasn't connecting. I just got on for the first time and it is connected. I don't know how long it will last but alienware is going to get a call if it keeps it up... It's a brand new laptop I just got like 2 weeks ago..-.-

• I am having the same issue with my m14x. I have tried drivers from intel directly, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the dell driver. The bottom line, the drivers do not work for some reason.

I have Ubuntu on my other partition and the wireless card works flawlessly there so the hardware is ok.  I am seeing a lot of this around on the Internet and I really hope they do something about it. My mac doesn't have problems like this. ...