Upgrade SSD to > 64Gb

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Upgrade SSD to > 64Gb

• Hi all. just picked up a new alienware laptop. would like to use a larger SSD. Currently 64Gb and 1Tb discs. would like to be able to put OS and some games on the SSD to improve performance. Is this even necessary, or can I install all the games on the mechanical HDD and only have the OS on the SSD? I only have 8Gb RAM. Is there any need for 16Gb? I have installed all the updates on the new machine and have been left with very little space on the SSD - has anyone tried to dump the bloatware and go with a barebones win 7 install to make room for at leat one game on the SSD. Again, is this even necessary?

Please provide some comments.

thanks

Andrew

• Hi Andrew, my personal advise is to use the SSD only for the O.S, I think that it would be better to keep the games on the HDD only.

As for the first question, yes you can upgrade it and do a clean install on it to have everything on that hard drive and use the HDD only for pictures, music and downloads.  if you want to go for the SSD upgrade you can send us an e-mail to AWUpogrades@dell.com including a brief description of your needs and your phone number and we will help you with that.

Luis Porras
    Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
    Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
    YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
    If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's