M11x R3 WEBCAM NOT WORKING

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

M11x R3 WEBCAM NOT WORKING

• Hi all, I have a M11x R3 and have tried numerous ways to get the intergrated webcam working but with no luck, when I start any of the dell webcam programs, I get a messege telling me that no supported webcam is connected, I have changed the whole LCD unit with a new one and still get the same messege, I also tried every dell webcam program I can find, including Dell WebCam Central, Dell Intergrated Webcam and Dell Webcam software manager, all install correctly, but will not "connect" with the webcam - Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Cheers

Andrew

• Any input on this problem would be fantastic???

• I am having a similar issue. The webcam is no longer there in device manager and I have an "unknown" USB device listed.

I keep getting a "USB Device" error popping up in the tray. It happens sometimes when I raisew or lower the lid. I suspect the cable from the webcam to the motherboard is damaged and moving the lid is affecting it.

Thankfully I bought extended warranty and Dell are sending someone out next week.

• Hi troelshartmann, please let me know how you go with the webcam issue

• Dell came out and replaced the screen. All good again now.

• Thanks, I think I may need to replace some cables