Alienware Command Centre

Alienware Club

Alienware Club
Share your Alienware experiences and join in the conversation with other Alienware users.

Alienware Command Centre

• OK guys will somebody please tell me the Deal with CC

Dosent start up without crashing tried all versions and still cant get it to Run Right

Got my alienware 3 weeks ago and it has never worked since i got it Super Angry

Alienware Aurora

A08 BIOS

Win 7 64bit Professional

HD5870

2tb 0 Raid

12Gb Ram

525 Psu

• Hi -

A shot in the dark here... but I noticed my BIOS version is A09.  Worth a try.

• Hi (again) -

Just noticed your other post re: BIOS A09 vs A08.  Not sure if the issues with A09 you were having is worth re-flashing for CC.

Alas, apologies I couldn't provide more insight.

• * At the top of the Alienware Club forum, open, "Before posting, check this page for your issue"
    * Open, "Alienware AlienFX Command Center Issues with fans, lights, or vents", and "Aurora and Area 51 LED, Fan and Thermal Problems"

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Quick link for Manuals and Drivers

• Hi Chris 

i did check the post you suggested and several others, actually spent quite a lot of time checking and nothing came from it hence this post to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues the fact that you would suggest that makes me a little angry considering this is my second dell and my patience is wearing rather thin at this stage, i didn't spend nearly $3000 on a machine so i could troll the Forums looking for solutions to absurd problems with archaic software issues, i work to deadline,the fact that i have to post up issues like this is far beyond my comprehension of how computer manufactures are getting Units Sold and the fact that you have to wait months for a software solution to basic issues is Chaotic!!! 

Have had Dell all my life and in the last 3 years not all is right,

time for Mac Maybe??

• Thanks JAGXPS for your reply

I did upgrade to Bios A09 without any benefit what so ever it actually caused quite a lot of Problems with Booting stalling, subsequently it turned out to be my external drives that caused the stalling on bootup after a long conversation on the phone with aleinware the guy said that he didn't understand why A09 was up on the web for installation he reckons it should not be up yet that there are some bugs yet to be fixed,

I Rollled back to A08

i have re-flashed CC several times with no joy, thermal controller seems to be the problem it crashes all the time and the FX lights dont turn on Half the time,

At my wits end cause i need the Thermal control Profiles to monitor Temps when i Render HD

• Did the MIO board pass it's diagnostics?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Quick link for Manuals and Drivers

• hi chris thanks for getting back to me

How do i run that diagnostic?

• You can run MIO Board Diags from inside Windows 7 (see FAQ Link) or at a lower level from outside the OS with F12 Boot Diags.

I am running BIOS A09 and CC A08 (for several weeks now) without any problems.

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.

• Thanks Tesla

Have done that and all is Good, the issue with A09 is that i have two external drives for Cameras that need to be in at all times and the Bios seems not to like that fact hence why i Rolled back to A08 even when i did have A09 the CC didnt work properly then, could it be the CC doesnt like 64bit OS??

• Re: A09

I have a HP that refuses to boot if one of my new USB2 external drives is plugged in ... so yes I've seen something like that. The fix was to turn off "Allow Bootable USB devices" in the BIOS.

My XPS-410 booted up fast until I swapped the DVD-RW for a Blu-Ray burner. With it installed, it hung on the BD drive for 30 seconds. The fix there was to remove the drive from the list of bootable devices.

If you want to try A09 again, you might want to try removing those drives from the list of bootable devices and/or change settings in BIOS related to bootable USB devices.

Yes, CC works fine in Win7 64 bit. However, I don't think it likes to go backwards in versions (so don't try). The answer is most likely in the MIO Board FAQ. Be sure you have checked it because we have recently updated it.

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19338298.aspx

What I would try is simply this:

Temporarily disable Anti-Virus.
    Completely uninstall CC.
    Reboot. Press F12 at BIOS screen
    Do all MIO-Board Diags.
    Start Windows. Disable Anti-Virus.
    Fresh/Clean Install downloaded CC A08
    Reboot and go into Windows.
    It should be working now.

... if not, try the more thorough steps in the FAQ.

Alienware Aurora ~ Intel i7-930 ~ 12gb ram ~ AMD HD-5870
    256gb Samsung 830 SSD / 1tb HDD ~ LG Blu-Ray ~ USB 3.0 PCIe
    Dell 24" UltraSharp u2410 LCD ~ Dell 22" LCD

All my Dell Machines and Specs

Wiki-like Threads I've written and other Favorites

Posting Tips:
    - Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
    - Click the button if we answered your question.

Registered Microsoft Partner
    & Apple Developer:

Gaming when I'm not programming.

I answer questions here, but
    I'm not a Dell employee.