Search Results (1.8K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
C

Community Accepted Solution

XPS 8500, new motherboard for newer CPU?

I'm wanting to get a new MB for my old PC so I can put new CPUs in. Are there any MB recommendations that I could use?

Question

XPS 8960, i7-13700, what CPU air coolers fit?

The standard pancake cooler gets very loud when I'm processing videos. What air-cooled CPU coolers mate with this motherboard and CPU? Not interested in water coolers. I've read that Dell has non-standard mounting points and thus most (all?) retail coolers can't be fitted. I was hoping to stay

Question

New XPS DefaultUser0 issue. Can't re-image with recovery USB

Hi all, I have a brand new XPS desktop, when I pulled it out of the box there was no OOBE whatsoever. Instead, it booted to the windows sign-in screen with a profile I did NOT make called DefaultUser0. I found this is a windows problem, however, the rest of the issues around it appear to be Dell i

Question

Dell xps 710 "missing operating system"

Hi I have an old Dell XPS 710 that haven't been used for over 10-15 years. So today I plugged it in and tried to start it up but I get an "Missing operating system" message for some reason. Have never had any problem with it before. My knowledge of computers are limited but here are the BIOS info

Question

XPS 8930, possible dead motherboard

I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to troubleshooting internal PC hardware. I think I may have a dead motherboard but I wanted to post here asking for some general troubleshooting advice. Hoping to either have what I currently know confirmed or be informed of some other ways I can troubleshoot/g

Question

Studio XPS 8100 would not install Win 10

I think it has latest bios A05. Cpu is i5-650.  I know, old cpu. it looked okay when Win 10 install process started and I saw that files being written to HDD, but then it would fail all of a sudden and gave error msg. Tried twice. Same.  Win 10 usb installation media is definitely good. I

Question

Dual Monitors on XPS 8960

My son has a XPS 8960. It has integrated graphics with Intel UHD 770, no GPU. There is only a single display port to connect to a monitor, no hdmi, vga or dvi ports. He has two Dell monitors (se2722H) with hdmi and vga ports. We can hook up the monitors to duplicate but not extend. Have tried variou

Question

Dell RTX 3070 Thermal Pad Thickness

As title says, just wondering if anyone has any information on what thickness was used for the GPU thermal pads. Had the system since new and figure it's been a few years and though I'd do a complete service on it. Would like to order the correct items instead of taking the card apart a couple times

Question

XPS 8950, BIOS 1.17.1 broke 1/2 my memory

Hi All, Any guidance greatly appreciated. I rarely shut down my 8950 XPS, today I noticed it did a BIOS update to 1.17.1 (I was on 1.16.1). It had a hard time coming back up from the auto shutdown, saying memory configuration has changed (which it hadn't). I finally got it back up only to find it

Question

XPS 8960, must I keep these huge folders from Dell?

I'm not one to go through my hard drive and toss things I don't like. Nevertheless, I did come across this folder in the C: drive called C:\Drivers which apparently contains drivers that Dell installed in my XPS 8960 at the factory: I wouldn't complain about these, but they take up 4.19 GB of dri

Question

E2600 onboard ethernet, possible trouble

I am having trouble accessing certain websites or parts of websites when my PC is connected with a CAT5 cable. I get intermittent "connection reset" errors, "bad record mac alert" errors, and "http2 protocol" errors even with different web browsers.  This particularly happens with login pages.

Question

XPS 8950, can I install a 4060?

The specifications and what not on Dell's website claim that I can only install up to the 30 series (or Ryzen's equivalent) for a GPU. I have no idea if it's possible to install a 40 series, and I don't want to make an uninformed purchase. Worst case, I install a 30 series. Best case, I install a 40

Question

XPS 8940 upgrade to a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090

Presently, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti card is installed. Can I install an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090? Would I need to upgrade the power supply?

Question

XPS 8950, fan speed

I have a Dell XPS 8950 (i7-12700, 32GB DDR5, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, GeForce RTX 3080 10GB, 750W PSU), purchased 7/19/2023. Sometime in the last few months I began having issues with excessive fan speed/noise correlating with even the smallest increase in processing demand, eg copying a 1 GB mp4 video fro

Question

XPS 8910, what blank disk should I buy?

I have an XPS 8910 running Windows 10, Version 22H2. My desktop has the optional DVD/CD-ROM drive, that is what is showing up in the Device Manager. After hunting on the Dell site I was able to pull up the system configuration, as shown below. 429-ABBB : BDRE Drive (Reads and Writes t o Blu-Ray dis

Question

XPS 8930, upgrading 256GB boot SSD to 1TB, not seen in F12 Boot Menu

Hello all. XPS 8930, Windows 11 Pro, 32GB RAM, 256GB (Boot) SSD, 2TB HDD (Data) I have successfully cloned my original Toshiba 256GB SSD boot disk which came with my Dell XPS 8930.  I bought and successfully installed a Crucial P3 Plus 1TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD.  I installed it on the spare

Question

XPS 8910, difference between Silver and Black or just cosmetic?

Okay, I'm kind of proud of myself for getting the question in the title. They make a silver face 8910 and a black version that appears more common. I'm  wondering if there was an edition difference of any kind on the mobo or components, or they are identical and they just made different fr

Question

XPS 8700, best upgrade of GPU?

I want to upgrade my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745) since Im having trouble playing games on my desired graphics, I'm having trouble picking the best oneSpecs are700w psuIntel i7-4790 @3.6Ghz32Gb Ram

Question

XPS 8930, Blank screen with Asus replacement graphics card

I ordered an Asus GTX-1660 Ti to replace a Dell GTX-1060, 6GB that came with the XPS8930 It still has every original factory hardware component 460W PSU Core i-7 8700, 8th Gen 6 core SK hynix NVMe 256GB Seagate SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 2 TB HDD Micron Technology 16GB, 2666 MHz, DDR4 Dell GeForce 1060, 6GB

Question

XPS 8950, GTX 1650 card bracket?

Hi, I bought my new Dell without a video card so it didn't come with a video card support bracket so I need to buy one. Where and how do I order this bracket? TYIA

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!