Search Results (1.4K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
MB

Community Accepted Solution

Building an Template for IDRAC Settings - SSH disable & SNMP , but no SSH disable Option available .

Hello , I have to disable SSH on all of my Dell IDRACs because of Security Reasons . I also want to configure SNMP with our Community String . I created an Template to rollout to al IDRACS so that SNMP become enable and also shows our Community String .  That works fine and i can choo

Question

Replaced failed main board - how to transfer iDRAC licence

Hi, I have a server with a failed main board, I bought a replacement (ebay) which doesn't have an iDRAC enterprise licence.  How can I transfer the licence from the failed board to the new (used) board? Thanks in advance.

Question

New OME-User after Discovery on iDRAC-Board

Hello together, I am asking for a friend...After we have discovered a new server with OME 4.1.0, a new user (OME_29fbxxxxx) with the Administrator user role appears on the iDRAC board under the local users. So far we have no idea how this is generated and why. We have only been using this latest OME

Question

Register OMEVV Plugin

We successfully migrated from a working OMIVV to OMEVV. I am trying to register the OMEVV Plugin. Version: 1.3.0.1581. I get the error attached. Running vSphere Client version 7.0.3.01700 Troubleshooting the plugin, "/core/console/console.html#/omc/troubleshoot", I can ping our vcenter server, whic

Question

Catalog Management

I have just deployed OpenManage Enterprise 4.0.1 however when I check the catalog management, I get the error: Execution Message Running Processing repository information. Attempting to connect to repository. Downl

Question

expansion of RAID10 on PowerEdge R740xd

Hello, I'm trying to expand existing RAID10 on PowerEdge R740xd. Currently we have 8 drives configured as RAID10. I bought 2 extra drives of the same size, and added in to the server. Then I've logged in to iDRAC 9, In the disks menu i see two newly added drives that currently are in the state: read

Question

PowerEdge R630 idrac up date via racadm failing from local machine to remote idrac ip

racadm version: 9.4 local machine os: rhel8 Updating from iDRAC 2.85.85.85 -> 2.86.86.86 is failing using racadm from local machine to the remote idrac ip. using the following racadm command from a RHEL 8 terminal: racadm -r <idrac ip> -u <idrac-root> -p <idrac-root-password>

Question

Can we upgrade idrac 4.4 firmware version direct to latest idrac 7.0 version ?

Hi Team Can we upgrade idrac 4.4 firmware version direct to latest idrac 7.0 version ? Thank you

Question

Help with alert policy KO

Hello , When i try to access to alert policy menu in openmanage , i receive a error.This is happend since i have modify one alert policy. ( in the message area ) How can i list and/or remove a alert policy in CLI or other ? Best regards

Question

Several Machines Went Missing from OME

I'm on OME Version 4.0.1 (Build 29) Recently, I discovered about 40 managed systems within OME went missing -- like, completely gone. I had to rediscover the servers, add them back to various Services groups, etc. What was odd was that the systems didn't have the updated root credentials

Question

R630 - BIOS / iDRAC Upgrade path from FACTORY versions (2014)?

Hi team,I've been looking everywhere including this forum, and I'm still with conflicting answers so I'd rather ask please:My R630 came with literally factory BIOS and iDRAC versions:BIOS 1.0.4 iDRAC 2.01.00.01 A00If I want to upgrade to latest versions, the safe option seems to be 1 step at a time

Question

How to clear device health alerts

Hello, We have an MX7000 with several MX740C blades. Recently we migrated the OS to BOSS and I removed the SAS drives. Since doing that, each blade is complaining about a missing SAS drive. I tried acknowledging the alerts and even tried clearing the configuration of the PERC. But the built in Open

Question

Alert policies not sending emails

My alert policies are no longer sending emails since upgrading from 3.10 to 4.0.1. I am able to send a test email from Application Settings -> Alerts -> Email Configuration, but no matter what I try I can't get my alert policies to send emails. No settings were changed after the upgrade to 4.

Question

Can OMIVV and OMEVV co-exist

I am in the process of migrating to OMEVV. If I register OMEVV to vCenter will it remove the current OMIVV functionality?  I would like to have everything configured and tested in OMEVV before removing OMIVV from vCenter.

Question

Is OpenManage Enterprise vulnerable to the xz utils backdoor?

I am running OME Version 3.10.2 (Build 13). How do can I find out if this version is safe from the xz utils backdoor recently discovered? If it is vulnerable, what version would be a remediation to close the backdoor? https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2024/03/31/xz-backdoored-linux-affected-distros/

Question

redfish DelliDRACCardService.ImportCertificate RSYSLOG_SERVER_CA enforce Telemetry license

Hi We are facing issues with uploading a "Rsyslog Server CA" certificate via redfish.Error message is "Unable to complete the current operation. The currently installed license does not support the following features: Telemetry."MessageId: IDRAC.2.9.LIC503But this has nothing to do with the Telemetr

Question

Can't attach CD and RemovableDisk simultaneously through the Redfish API but work through the Web UI

I try to attach an Ubuntu ISO on the virtual CD and a cloud-init configuration IMG on the Virtual USB. It works when using the virtual console (through the iDRAC web UI) but it doesn't when I call the redfish API. The 1st I insert gets inserted, the 2nd one always gets refused (virtual media already

Question

Poweredge R640 suggested Upgrade path iDRAC 4.20.20.20 to 7.00.00.171

Hello,We have a Poweredge R640 that I'm looking to upgrade to the latest iDRAC, from 4.20.20.20 to  7.00.00.171and the BIOS from 2.8.2  to  2.21.2Can I upgrade straight to the latest version or should I do a stepped upgrade?

Question

OME authentication using Entra ID

Hi, Our organisation is currently looking into using Entra ID for a number of apps. Does anyone know whether OME supports authentication using Entra ID?  If so has anyone successfully implemented it? I just wanted to see if this is possible before disappearing down an authentication rabbit h

Question

What's impact for the server, then un-install OMSA

Hi everyone, I have the server dell r740 and already install dell EMC open manage. so, i have plan to remove or uninstall this feature. what's the impact if i do to un-install dell EMC open manage ?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!