Share Permissions - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Share Permissions

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Share Permissions

This question has suggested answer(s)

We would like the report to show inheritance on the share. Yes we know this is NTFS permissions, but we would like it to show whether it is inherited on not. See example below. This is from Quest Reporter.

All Replies
  • Hello,

I am looking into it and will get back to you soon with any update on this.

Could you please provide me with an example of what you exactly need to see in the report?

Alex

• Hello,

Please review the attached report and let me if you have any questions.

Share Permissions with Inheritance

Alex

• More detail regarding this report.  Their business rule states that whenever a new share is created, that EVERYONE is removed from the Share Permissions and AUTHENTICATED USERS are given READ and CHANGE permissions on the Share.  The report should include the UNC path of the Share, the Account Name that has Share permissions over that Share and the actual Share permissions.  The business rule also states to Disable the Inheritance of NTFS permissions.  So in addition to the UNC path of the Share, the Account Name that has Share permissions over that Share and the actual Share permissions, another item to include in  the report will be "Is Inheritance Disabled?"  This can be a YES/NO or TRUE/FALSE statement.

• Sorry for the delay. I am looking into the request and will contact you as soon as more information is available.

Thanks,

Alex

• Hello,

The requested report is ready and can be downloaded using the link below:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/windows-management/enterprise-reporter-custom-reports/m/mediagallery/20442751/download

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alex