Need to see latest security update on AD objects including domain root and OUs/Containers - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports - Dell Community

Need to see latest security update on AD objects including domain root and OUs/Containers

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports

Enterprise Reporter Custom Reports
Find, share and request custom reports you would like to see in Enterprise Reporter.

Need to see latest security update on AD objects including domain root and OUs/Containers

This question has been answered by johnnyquest

I am using Enterprise Reporter v2.5.0.100000 in an AD assessment. My client would like a report that can show when the latest security update was made to an AD object (including the domain root and OUs/Containers, if possible) and who made the change. I don't see an explicit report that provides this capability. Can such a report be written? If so, I would appreciate any assistance/guidance.

Thank you.

Ian Kahn
Sr. Consultant, Identity and Access Management
InfraScience, LLC
ikahn@infrascience.com

Verified Answer
  • Enterprise Reporter is really intended for "state" information on objects - so the state of the ACL at particular points in time.  What you are looking for is more of a transactional nature and would be better provided by Change Auditor for Active Directory.

To be fair, ER could tell you the last change date but it's really not great for showing you any kind of history on this sort of thing.

All Replies
  • Perhaps a better way to phrase this would have been that my client would like to see the most recent changes made to an object's security settings/ACL. If there is a way to do this in Enterprise Reporter, that would be most helpful.

Thank you.

Ian Kahn
    Sr. Consultant, Identity and Access Management
    InfraScience, LLC
    ikahn@infrascience.com

• Enterprise Reporter is really intended for "state" information on objects - so the state of the ACL at particular points in time.  What you are looking for is more of a transactional nature and would be better provided by Change Auditor for Active Directory.

To be fair, ER could tell you the last change date but it's really not great for showing you any kind of history on this sort of thing.