Alienware design and chassis difference (old and new models) - Laptops - Dell Global Sales Training - Dell Community

Alienware design and chassis difference (old and new models)

Dell Global Sales Training

Dell Global Sales Training
Dell Global Sales Training & Development provides this community for people who sell Dell systems. It contains sales training content as well as a forum for posting questions, thoughts & ideas related to the sales training material.

Alienware design and chassis difference (old and new models)

• Aloha,

What are the main differences in the laptop chassis and design between Alienware old and new models, please? I get this question a lot. I know that the new design is more sturdier. Is that true? What else has improved? Is there a chart that  shows the improvements and comparisons between old and new Alienware models, please?

Thank you!

Eddie M.

NEX-PEARL HARBOR 

• I don't have one specifically comparing them side-by-side, but I'm looking for some spec sheets for you now.

• I believe the major improvement comes from the components of the system, Processors and Video Cards back then used to need a lot more power and generated a lot more heat than today's systems with the mighty Core Processors.

On their layout both old and new alienware systems hold the components in pretty much the same place, they supported SLI, RAID HDD configurations and iluminated chassis. Definetely the legacy system's were a lot more heavier, since they used much more metal inside the system, Alluminium Alloy used on newer system has probed to be lighter and more durable.

There used to be a really noticiable gap between Desktop vs laptops performance in gaming. With the latest models we see the laptops running very demanding titles unchallenged even surpassing the performance of the consoles where the games come from. I think that argument should help you convince a customer to purchase a brand new alienware system.

• This is great information, Jose and Emily! Thank you both!

Eddie M

Aloha!