DELL XPS 13-RAM MAX - Dell Global Sales Training - Forum - Dell Global Sales Training - Dell Community

DELL XPS 13-RAM MAX

Dell Global Sales Training

Dell Global Sales Training
Dell Global Sales Training & Development provides this community for people who sell Dell systems. It contains sales training content as well as a forum for posting questions, thoughts & ideas related to the sales training material.

DELL XPS 13-RAM MAX

• Hi,

What is the maximum amount of memory that DELL XPS 13 ultrabook can support please?

Eddie Merc

NEX PEARL HARBOR DELL KIOSK STORE

Aloha!

• Hi Eddie.

Max RAM supported on the XPS 13 Ultrabook is: 4GB (Single Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz)

regards

Jan

• Thanks Jan!

Are the 4GB of RAM permanently embedded in the XPS 13 or can they be removed?

Eddie

• Hi Eddie,

There are 2 ways of looking at the answer....

1. Since this is an ultrabook, it's not designed for removals and replacements like a standard notebook. You have to unscrew the base cover to access parts like the battery... so it's not intended for you to access the internal components in the way that other larger systems allow.

2. Actually on the XPS 13 - again, due to the really thin Ultrabook design - the memory appears to be part of the mainboard and not a module - so you cannot remove it.

The User Guide shows what can be accessed (I think it's pretty cool that we publish all this stuff openly on our Web pages)

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xpsL321x/en/om/html/index.htm

Are you trying to do something specific to the memory, like upgrade?

Regards

Jan

• Thanks Jan!

I sell XPS 13 at the PEARL HARBOR military DEL kiosk and some customers asked about upgrading memory. That's why I asked you. Thank you!

Does XPS 13 have GORILLA glass that does not scratch?

Eddie

• Hi Eddie,

You're welcome. About Gorilla Glass. You kind of asked 2 questions:

1. Yes, the XPS 13 does have Gorilla Glass - "Bonded Corning® Gorilla® Glass"

2. I don't think we should say it "doesn not scratch". I think we could scratch anything if we really wanted to. It's less likely to scratch than traditional glass or other surfaces. (ask the military guys if there are bullets that can go through bullet-proof glass - I'll bet there are!).

Here is some more info if you want to know more:

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/

Following snippet taken from the FAQ section:

Why do I want Gorilla Glass on my devices?

Scrapes, bumps, and drops are a fact of life, but Gorilla Glass enables your device to resist damage from the abuses that come with everyday use. Gorilla Glass also has strong aesthetic appeal. It’s thin, lightweight, and cool to the touch – enabling the sleekest designs.

Regards

Jan