1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

February 10th, 2024 17:38

isHighlyActiveTopic

Dell Support Assist won't log in.

XPS 8960

XPS 8960

I have installed the latest version of Dell Support Assist (4.0.0.51819) and it runs fine, but I cannot sign in. Logging in with my Dell account consistently prompts "We are working on signing you in" then fails with the error "We ran into a problem. Something went wrong and we couldn't load your contact information. Would you like to try again?"

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 5th, 2024 14:12

@MsFine​ That was the fix!!  Can log in now.

Thanx. 

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

May 7th, 2024 16:53

@rschislr​ You are welcome!

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

May 11th, 2024 14:17

@MsFine​ Thanks for the tip. Updating the profile on the Dell website has worked. Dell's two-step verification system is a nightmare, though. This concerns the website account and even this forum. The OTP codes are sent by mail, which arrives with a delay, sometimes few hours later, by which time code would have expired. There is no option to opt-out from the two-step verification process, or change it to an SMS verification. Neither is there a "trust this machine" option, which would eliminate the need for the two stage verification, until cookies are cleared. It's not a complaint about the two-step verification, but about the way it has been implemented.

No Events found!