1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

February 10th, 2024 17:38

isHighlyActiveTopic

Dell Support Assist won't log in.

XPS 8960

XPS 8960

I have installed the latest version of Dell Support Assist (4.0.0.51819) and it runs fine, but I cannot sign in. Logging in with my Dell account consistently prompts "We are working on signing you in" then fails with the error "We ran into a problem. Something went wrong and we couldn't load your contact information. Would you like to try again?"

March 30th, 2024 14:14

I am having the same issue today, 3/30/24.  Latest version / upgrade installed just a couple days ago.  Dell would rather have us chase our tails uninstalling, reinstalling, do this and that, rather than just fix it and push through an update.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 1st, 2024 08:30

This sign in problem in support assist continues to persist with Dell.  Why can't they fix it?  Dell go back to the previous support assist which worked fine.  I guess your technical does NO testing before releasing product.  Just ridiculous and someone's head should roll.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 1st, 2024 23:53

I am having the same issue. It worked find with Version 3, which I still have on another computer that works fine, but this PC with the updated version 4 does not, and will not let you log in, so it is DEFINATELY a software issue.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 9th, 2024 03:40

Ok here is how I got around this issue. On reinstall, when you first start the application it wants you to complete your profile, which I normally skip. I then try to login with the button and get the same error as everyone else.

However, when I select the option to complete my profile it gives me a different login screen which actually worked. I then filled out my profile and was good to go. Hope this helps someone.

* * * * * Original Issue Below * * * * *

Same issue with my M18 R1. Why isn't this issue being addressed other than with useless troubleshooting information? If 28 different people are reporting this from different machines at different times it's not the server and reinstalling obviously does nothing. 

I paid a lot of money for support on my Alienware and I should be able to log in to SupportAssist. Fix it! and if you can't fix it then COMMUNICATE! Tell us what's going on. When will this be addressed. 

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

April 14th, 2024 16:31

I am having this same issue. Why isn't Dell addressing this issue? Their software is directly responsible for the issue - I had no such problem with the last 2-3 versions of the SupportAssist software until now.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 19th, 2024 15:59

Hi all,

Which version of SA are you trying to run? 

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

April 23rd, 2024 16:45

My new XPS8960 has just automatically updated to Support Assist version 4.0.2 and I am still unable to sign in. This problem started with v 4 and has not been resolved by 4.0.2. The driver update function is also not working. Please fix this Dell!

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 24th, 2024 11:09

@chrissmurth​ Hi, I was told by the team that the issue with SA was fixed. Can you try again today and let me know if it's still happening? Please attach a screenshot as well. 

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

April 24th, 2024 18:42

@DELL-Nat M​ hi there, thank you very much for your quick reply. I still cannot sign in. Here is the screen shot. I can log into my Dell account separately with no problem

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 25th, 2024 12:25

@chrissmurth​ Hi Chris, can you please contact support so I can get this escalated?

You can use the chat here on community, you just need to click on "Get Help Now" button located at the bottom right corner of the page.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 25th, 2024 18:36

This is still occurring 4.25.24.  Is there a solution?

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

April 25th, 2024 19:34

@DELL-Nat M​ Hi Nat, I have done as you suggested. I explained to them that I have the same issue on my older XPS 8950 and 3 of my Dell laptops. The previous version of Support Assist installed on most of my computers was v3.14.1 which always ran smoothly. This is what they said after quite a long conversation:

"We are aware of this issue. The team of senior engineers are actively working on the issue. Once, we have an update. We will definitely resolve it. "

I hope that this will be sufficient for you to get the matter escalated so that the issues can be remedied asap. Thank you very much for your kind help.

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 25th, 2024 20:46

@chrissmurthI couldn't locate your case number. Could you please send it to me via direct message so I can escalate it?

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

April 25th, 2024 21:02

@DELL-Nat M​ hi Nat, thank you. I have just sent you a direct message with the case number.

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

April 30th, 2024 04:16

Error Logging into SupportAssist - SOLVED

Problem solved with not being able to log into SupportAssist:  Go to your Dell Account online (website) and log in.  Then under Account Settings on left, click on Profile Settings, next click on Edit Profile under Profile in center of page.  If you have 2-step verification set up you will need to add code sent to you via email or phone.  After logging in you will need to add your name (first & last).  Once this is done, go back to support assist and login and that's it..  It worked for me.   Hope this helps!

(edited)

No Events found!