Search Results (480)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
D

Community Accepted Solution

HWC2003 Storeage BP1 SAS A cable or interconnect failure. Check connection R740XD

Dear all, I have strange issues with R740XD server, HWC2003 Storeage BP1 SAS A cable or interconnect failure. Check connection, i dint have midbay and backplane, my controller is on MiniMono Perc cable and I see my SSD´s , can i remove this error somehow ? and why this happening ? thanks all fro

Question

Dell PowerEdge R430 Firmware Stages

Good Morning, I have a legacy R430 that is well out of support and is in need of both BIOS and iDRAC updates. The current firmware versions are as follows: FIRMWARE CURRENT PLANNED iDRAC 2.70.70.70 2.85.85.85 BIOS 2.11.0 2.18.2

Question

r420 System CPLD update?

Hi there, i have 2 R420, one have "System CPLD" firmware version 104 and the other one have 102... is there any way to update it? i cant find it anywhere....Thanks!!!

Question

Additional inquiries on PowerEdge R740 DIMMs

I would like to ask if 32G can be used in combination with the existing 16G-equipped server.

Question

MD1200 and H810 not seeing SATA drives

I acquired a Precision Rack 7910, Power Vault MD1200, and H810 in hopes of transferring my RAID arrays from an old Power Edge T610 with an H700. I an currently using various size and age SATA drives from 1TB up to 10TB in my T610 without any issues. In the MD1200 I have 6 SAS drives that came with i

Question

R250 upgradability

Hi, Just got my hands on a new, unused entry level R250 for 270$ Since the price was good, I did not have time to check the upgradability of the system and I can't find much online about the things I wish to upgrade So here is my questions: 1: Can a 2 bay cabled system be upgraded to a hot plug ba

Question

R330 - update to iDRAC 2.84.84.84 fails

On a PowerEdge R330 server I tried to update iDRAC firmware from v. 2.70.70.70 to 2.84.84.84 but it failed with the following message: This Update Package is not compatible with your system configuration The installation file is iDRAC-with-Lifecycle-Controller_Firmware_G79DW_WN64_2.84.84.84_A00.EXE

Question

Cannot see the second Raid 5 arrays on ESXI 7.0.3

Hello, I have 2 Raid 5 on my power edge R730, the first Raid 5 is 3 SSD 400G each for Operation system, the second Raid 5 is 5 SASS 1.2T each to act as DataStore. i already installed Esxi 7.0.3 on the fist Raid But i do not see the second Raid 5 array.  #Note: Bios version is 2.17 Do i miss an

Question

R310 RAID controller upgrade - which card supports RAID 5 & 6?

Hello: I am looking at purchasing a used PowerEdge R310 for a home file server. I have 4 @ 8TB SATA drives I wish to use in a hardware RAID5 configuration with Linux (no WINDOWS software RAID please). From the best I can tell from the photo (and contents sheet - both attached) of the desired ser

Question

Mellanox ConnectX-6 card firmware not available to update via iDrac

The card is found by the lifecycle controller's hardware inventory: Yet when I go to update the firmware in OpenManage Enterprise, there is no update for the Mellanox card. The Mellanox firmware isn't even listed using racadm swinventory. Please let me know if I can provide any addit

Question

R630 Update BIOS version from v2.11.2 to latest

Hi All, I have an old Dell R630 it's currently running BIOS Version 2.11.2, RAC firmware version 2.83.83.83 and Lifestyle Controller firmware version 2.83.83.83. I'd like to update BIOS to the latest available version (Version 2.17.0), can I directly update to the latest version from the current

Question

NVMe Support for PowerEdge r720xd

I've been looking all over online for a PCIe card for NVMe drives for the R720xd. I'm not seeing anything other than for the R740xd, I was wondering if this PCIe card would work for the R720xd.

Question

Can service tag be found somewhere in the CentOS of PowerEdge R740?

Service tag is usually attached on the outer surface of the equipment. However, PowerEdge R740 server is usually located in a warehouse-like cluster where I cannot enter freely. A Dell monitor (like U2723QE) can display its service tag in its on-screen-display, so I'm guessing likewise a PowerEdge R

Question

Broadcom 57810S - R620

Hi community. I need to put a specific NIC in my R620 that I have in my lab, I have been consulting the technical specification of the R620 and I have seen that the Broadcom 57810S 2x10Gb SFP+ NIC is supported. But I need it to be the exact model N20KJ, Since I have seen that there are other m

Question

How to get host nqn info via powershell

Hi, I have a very large environment with hundreds of dell rack servers connected to seperate vcenters. To get host nqn info I have a string to run in ssh by connecting each host via ssh seperately. But all these hosts are connected to vmware vcenter, and I do run most of the ssh commands converte

Question

iDRAC: SSD Media Wearout indicator is inconsistent

I'm doing some testing with SSD media wearout where I am writing excessive data to the drive in an attempt to trigger an SSD Wear Threshold alert from iDRAC. The SSD in question is a(n): Dell Certified 240GB Intel D3-S4610. (https://www.solidigm.com/products/data-center/d3/s4610.html) From my

Question

Dell R620 backplane upgrade help.

I have a R620 (Personal information removed by Mod.) with a 4 bay backplane. I want to upgrade to an 8 bay backplane. How can I tell if an 8 bay backplane is compatible and will work with my server? The 8 bay backplane am looking at is "Dell KVGG1 PowerEdge 2.5" 8-Bay Backplane with Cables 0KVGG1"

Question

PowerEdge R450 - iDRAC9 - power on system doesn't work after "repurpose or retire" feature in Lifecycle Controller

Hi,as title above describe, I'm having this issue. When I start server and by pressing F10 - go to Lifecycle controller, where I select "hardware configuration" and then "repurporse or retire system" and then select these options: All Embedded Applications BIOS (reset default and clear NVRAM)

Question

r620 won't detect harddrives.

Goal: Detect hard drives so I can reinstall OS Dell Server experience: New to this. Got it without a RAID controller. Ordered H710 online and installed it on the system. It fails to see the 4 installed hard drives. I see errors about drive mismatch etc in the logs. HDs work because it has ESXi

Question

PowerEdge server's End of Life and End of Support Life

Dear Team, Can you please provide the Below server's End of Life and End of Support Life? PowerEdge R420PowerEdge R430PowerEdge R440PowerEdge R720PowerEdge R720xdPowerEdge R730PowerEdge R740 Thank you.

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!