Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
W1

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

M6500 has no controls on touchpad, jog shuttle, keyboard

I bought a used M6500 and found that I am unable to make adjustments to the touchpad such as scrolling speed or two finger scrolling (just examples), lighting on the keyboard, use of the jog shuttle in the Windows Device Manager. I can find no Dell files on the hard drive whatsoever. I have another

Question

Closed

Dell Precision 5530 upgrade to 64GB Ram

Computer currently has 32 GB ram and works fine.  Bought (2) Corsair Vengeance PC4-23400 (2933MHz) memory sticks.  Powered off the 5530.  Disconnected from dock. Opened unit and removed the (2) 16GB memory sticks.   Installed the new memory sticks.   Unit won't b

Question

Closed

5570 with WD22TB4 and 2 external monitors periodically go black and come back on

I have a 5570 with mostly up to date Windows 11 (maybe fully up-to-date at this point) and a WD22TB4 docking station. I have the dock connected to one of the USB 4 ports on the left.  The dock has the lastest firmware (confirmed with the firmware update tool) and the latest RealTEK Ethernet d

Question

Closed

Precision 5520 - Storage Upgrade

Hi to everyone, I have a 2017 precision 5520, I currently have my laptop with a 512gb ssd drive, I am thinking of upgrading to a higher capacity ssd drive, my question is up to how much capacity does the Motherboard support, according to the manual it is 1tb, is this correct? Or has added more cap

Question

Closed

Precision 7670 can not get to BIOS (can not boot?) after BIOS settings change

Hello, my Precision 7670 is just 1 day old and I am very disappointed with DELL, the laptop doesn’t boot after changing BIOS settings. I think I disabled intel turbo boost and step , Enable TXT, Disable secure boot, I think also disabled RAID and enabled AHCI instead and may be something else but

Question

Closed

Max Ram for Precision 5530 with Intel Xeon E-2176M

Hi, I just wanted to double-check and see if I can replace my current RAM (2 x 8Gb) with 2 x 32Gb in my Precision 5530 with an Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2176M CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz and an Nvidia Quadro P1000 w/4GB GDDD R5 graphics processor. Thanks, FB

Question

Precision 5560 with i7-11850H and RTX-A2000 huge fps drops during gaming (WoT)

Hello I have a problem with Precision 5560 with i7-11850H and RTX-A2000 during gaming. When i start to play game it has very big fps: usually more than 200, but suddenly it drops to ~40. During whole game, it keeps dropping to low fps and then going up, over 200fps. I cleaned cooling and replaced

Question

"Mute Microphone" Function key (F4) not working

Hello, Im using Laptop Dell Precision 7510. Since I bought the device, all function keys are working fine but until I reinstalled windows 10 because I want to reinstall windows on my new M2 hard drive. And after reinstalling windows as well as using Intel Driver Support Assistant to check

Question

Precision 5550 fan seems to always be on after Win 11 upgrade

All my drivers/BIOS/Firmware are up to date, my power plans is set to balanced as it was on Win 10, dell power manager > thermal mgmt is still set to optimized so all settings are the same but my fan seems to constantly be on now. I'm looking at taskmgr and there is nothing I can see that's taxi

Question

Minimum power requirement for Precision 7560

Now I am using Precision 7560 Lap top.Original DELL Supplied charger is 180.00W, but I would like to know minimum acceptable power input such as 140W or something without notification of low charging mode. Thank you for your support.

Question

Closed

Realtek SoundWire HW Audio Codec slow boot

Dell Precision 5760, slow boot with enabled Realtek SoundWire HW Audio Codec.when i disable Realtek SoundWire HW Audio Codec in device manager booting is 40 seconds faster!i have testet different drivers:best found driver has a delay of 20 seconds: Realtek-Audio-Driver_HH84T_WIN_10.0.66.160_A06

Question

Dell Precision M6500 AC Adapter to 7520 and 5520

Hi, I still have my Dell Precision M6500 and its use mainly at home. It comes with 240-watt AC adapter. I also have the Precision 7520 and 5520 for on the road teaching of Revit application. I charge my Precision 7520 using the M6500 AC adapter with no problem, because they have the same barrel siz

Question

Precision 7560 really HDMI 2.1?

Hello, I have a TV LC C9 supporting HDMI 2.1 and is able to display 4k at 120hz. It works well with my personal desktop with a NVIDIA 3060Ti. I received a professional laptop, a Precision 7560, with a NVIDIA T1200. I disabled the Hybrid mode to be able to have the best I can have on the

Question

Precision 7760 shuts down but doesn't power off

I have purchased a Dell Precision 7760 from an official Microsoft Refurbisher. The device was sold as "new", however the problem is, that it won't power off after shutdown. In the meantime I have... installed the latest drivers via Dell Support unchecked "Turn On Fast Startup" in "Additiona

Question

New battery for Precision M4600

Hi I need a replacement battery for a Precision M4600 laptop, which I realise is an old laptop by now, however except for the battery it's quick and responsive. The battery I have right now is a 87 Wh R7PND. I have searched up and down for dell parts on dell.com but having problems finding it.&nb

Question

After Windows 11 22H2 update no sounds come from the browser

Hello, a Dell Mobile Precision 547 that in the last 2 weeks was updated to 22H2 (setup with and running Windows 11 from the beginning) has no sound from the built in speakers when played by either Chrome or Edge browsers. Bluetooth sound works without issues from the browser,  Have tried the

Question

Precision 7740 thermal pads' size.

Hello. I am currently looking forward to replace thermal pads in my Precision 7740 as VRAM temperatures has been slowly going up over last 4 months.But I after looking in every dell's manual there is no mention of them at all not counting their height.I have already messaged support, but because my

Question

Precision M6500 i5 (dual core) to i7 (quad core) possible?

Hi, I have a M6500 i5 540m dual-core, looking to change the CPU to an i7 quad core. Someone has managed to change their dual-core processor (i5 540m, for example) to a quad-core i7 (i7 840qm, for example) with success on this machine. Thanks

Question

Realtek (R) Audio, long delay with wifi on

Ive got a dell precission 3551. I've tried reinstalling the audio drivers but nothing will work for me. All audio takes around 30 seconds to start playing and then plays fine to the end (won't loop). When i go to the enhancments for the speakers (the in built speakers) and attempt to test, no mat

Question

CPU wont go over 27%

Hello, yesterday I had a power outage while working on my dell precision laptop with battery not inside. After the power outage there was a dramatic performance drop and I noticed that the CPU will never go over 20% in task manager, no matter how much it had to handle. Everything was just very slow

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!