Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
W

Community Accepted Solution

Update to Lifecycle Controller 7.x instead of 6.x

I am using OME 4.0 to update some PowerEdge C6420. Currently they have iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller 4.x, and I'm updating against a baseline based on an automatically updated catalog (daily). Some have been updated the past days to 7.x, now the baseline reports 6.x as latest and suggests to downg

Question

OME 3.10.2 - Cannot find Backup/Restore menu item

Dear all, I just discovered the existence of OpenManage Enterprise 4.0.Reading the migration process from 3.10 I found out that in the OME 3.10 interface I should find a "Backup/Restore" menu item, but I can't find it in my OME 3.10 installation: Why I don't have the backup/restore menu item? Shou

Question

CloudIQ Plugin for OME

I had the OME to cloudIQ working on my OME appliance, but due to some issues I decided to build a new OME appliance and now none of my servers are showing up in cloudIQ. Is there a way to reinitialize this connection? From the documentation there is supposed to be a way to remove the plugin, but Im

Question

How to add an CIFS / NFS Firmware Catalog which resides on an Network share ?!?!?

Hello , I try everything .  CIFS , NFS Set in the IP Address for the Server where is the catalog.xml sharedThe Access over Windows Explorer is working fine . On the Path field i try backslash and also the slash . Everytime i want to connect to Network share i become this Error M

Question

OME v4 not emailing alerts

Sending a test email works fine, but OME is not emailing alerts as it did in previous versions. I even set up a test policy that would email everything to me, but nothing is getting sent out. They are not even hitting our spam appliance (I confirmed OME can ping it).

Question

OME v4.0 - iDRAC password rotation - can it manage the default root users password?

Has anyone enabled this new feature, and could you give some inside on how you are using this :-)To me it seems it just creates an extra local iDRAC user (OME_[application-GUID]) that OME will use to do server tasks.But it doesn't seems to give the possibility to manage/change the default root passw

Question

Dell OpenManage Enterprise don't update disk information.

1.6TB Samsung drives were installed on the server.In Dell OpenManage Enterprise, they displayed correctly.These drives were then replaced with Samsung 3.2TB drives, but OpenManage does not see them and continues to show that old drives are installed.Even removing the serverer from OpenManage and add

Question

Power Manager not working in OME v4.0

We migrated our OME to v4.0 today, everything seems good except for the Power Manager plug-in. It's not displaying correctly on the Home tab, and the plug-in specific pages are either blank or are full of pmpModules text. I tried clearing my cache, a different browser, disabling/re-enabling and uni

Question

Certification Chain issue

Hey All, I'm trying to migrate OME from 3.10.2 to v4 but I'm keep getting certificate chain issue. I created a new CSR and new cert from CA server. Uploading the stand alone cert is not an issue and it shows the certificate and it works fine but I cannot upload the chain. I try to download the chai

Question

Delete Alerts

Hello, I can see there is still not an option to automatically delete alerts after X days in V4.Would it be possible that the option to delete can be added via Powershell Modules https://github.com/dell/OpenManage-PowerShell-Modules ?I've seen other requests on here about clearing alerts and I unde

Question

OpenEnterprise Manager 4.0 ( missing Plugins ) Power Manager ?

Hi, I looks like every Plugin exept "Services" is missing or cant installed currently on a Version 4.0 , which is quite strange.  Im missing the PowerPlugin, we paid some license Fees and now it is missing in Version 4.0 or not installable ? They showed a Version 3.2 recently on Youtu

Question

Cant register Services Plugin

I was notified that there was an update for the services plugin to 3.0.2.835. After completing the upgrade i was notified there was an issue with the plugin and attempted to repair. The repair wouldn't work so I ended up uninstalling the plugin. I was then able to install the Service plugin but when

Question

OME discovery process stuck

Hello team, I have been having an issue with a discovery process for hosts(servers) in my environment. It has been stuck for more than two weeks now. It is causing other discovery jobs to be queued and never starting. What should I do?

Question

Dell OpenManage Enterprise and CentOS

Hi there, It seems that Dell OpenManage is based of CentOS 7 but this operating system will be end of life next year (June 2024). Is there any plan to update the appliance? Not an emergency yet but our company is already opening an EOL project and we have to have some justifications for Dell OME.

Question

Reports not working - keep loading forever

OpenManage Enterprise 3.10.2I'm not able to "Run" build-in or custom report."Run" will keep displaying "Loading...""Schedule report" will show-up in Monitor as Schedule, but never starts

Question

OME 3.10.0 problems adding a new user...

We run OME 3.10.0. I attempted to add a new user into OME application and found a problem with adding a user. Logging into OME via GUI, select Applications>user>add> the attached screen displays. I enter the new user name, but the needed fields are not displaying correctly. password, verify

Question

Closed

Changing the password of an account used for discovery

Hello, Historically it has been an issue if we want to rotate the password of an account on an iDRAC that was originally used for discovery that it will result in the managed server showing up as disconnected in DELL Open Manage Enterprise. Is their a recommended way of doing this short of having

Question

Closed

Unable add local new user on OME 3.10.2 (Build 13)

It's just build the OME appliance and use built-in admin logon, want to create other local users, but the user role and pwd are unable fill out.

Question

Closed

Dell OME discovery of idrac

Hi Team, I have a query about discovering one iDRAC instance in 2 different Dell OME  can one Dell iDRAC be discovered in 2 different instance of DELL Open manage enterprise ?  Can someone provide a supporting document for it 

Question

Closed

Firmware baseline PowerEdge

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with dell open manage enterprise 3.10.2. I cannot manage poweredge R440 through configuration -> FirmwareDriver compliance and create baseline button No servers all listed but servers are listed into devices menu. Online and connected.   Can you help ?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!