Search

Search Results (679)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Dell T7920 Windows Restore - Asking for driver during install?

I have a T7920 that had a hard drive failure, data backed up so that's not an issue. I therefore have downloaded the Windows Restore iso image to make an installation USB memory stick (I created it using Fedora and it seems to be working). The 7920 boots and after a while starts the Windows re-ins

Question

Precision 3660 Tower Hard Drive specs

I am looking at a Precision 3660 Tower to use as a small home server. I want to add three SATA drives in addition to the single SDD.  However, looking at the specs am I correct that there are just two bays for SATA drives and the max capacity of the SATA drives supported by the 3660 is 4TB?&nb

Question

Advice Re Precision T3600 CPU Upgrade

Hi All My system is running a Xeon Quad Core E5 1620 @ 3.6ghz. I understand I can install an Eight Core E5 2665 2.4ghz for a good speed boost, and they are available quite cheaply it seems. My BIOS is A18.  PSU is 425W. Is it a fairly easy straight swap to do this?  I can see there is

Question

Precision Tower 5820 has no HDMI/VGA/DP ports

I have just ordered Precision Tower 5820 (i-9 series).My dell screen has only HDMI.Precision 5820 has only one male 9-pin serial port from the back (no added graphic card), and USB-C in front.I tried to connect different USBC-HDMI adapters. Am i supposed to you the 9-pin serial port?  

Question

Dell Precision 3930 - open chassis while running

Hello, is it possible to configure Dell Precision 3930 the way we could open chassis while workstation is running? When I do it now, it beeps and approx after 3 seconds it turns off. I was browsing BIOS setting and there was settings with "chassis intrusion" with 3 different options, but neither on

Question

Precision 3460 BiosConnect stuck on reboot

Hello, I'm trying to update the BIOS from the BIOSConnect utility (F12 on boot), then I tried also restoring the system to factory, and in both instances the tool got stuck on restarting (counts down from 5s, then hangs on 1s), and if I reboot manually no changes are applied. What can I do to fix

Question

Using UD22 Dock with older desktop (USB-C output with video)

I bought a UD22 and it works great with my personal laptop, which has a USB-C output port. But I am working from home and also want to hook up legacy machines that do not have USB-C. One is an old Precision 3420 desktop which has two DisplayPort and one HDMI output. The other is Latitude E7450 which

Question

Dell T5820/T7820/T7920 NVME RAID

Does anyone have experience with the Dell VROC key (Dell Part 750-ABBU)? Specifically, I would like to know two things: Is it identical to the Intel VROCSTANMOD (RAID 0/1/10) key? Will other Intel keys (VROCPREMMOD and VROCISSDMOD) also work? Intel Key

Question

T5820 memory compatibility

Hello,First post in here, I need to upgrade some T5820 to 256GB of RAM,  I've ordered 64GB sticks from Kingston model KTD-PE432/64G .  When I replace the 32GB DIMMs from the workstation for the new 64GB DIMMs, on powering up, I only have a black screen.  Do I need to update BIOS

Question

Precision 3650 Tower PSU upgrade

Hi there. My Precision 3650 Tower has a 460W PSU and I would like to upgrade it so I can upgrade the GPU card. It would appear dell do not offer any upgrade of PSU directly so I was wondering is the PSU in a 3650 Tower a standard ATX design and I could upgrade to a no dell make like evga or c

Question

Precision 3460 - Not Wake up from Sleep

I have checked the bios and may need to toy some with win 11 some more but when the system sleeps, it does not wish to wake up. The power button is even unresponsive. One has to unplug the PSU in order to turn the system on. It is very odd and frustrating. System works fine all day except when it sl

Question

Precision 7920 rack TPM upgrade

Is there any chance we will see an TPM 1.2 to 2.0 upgrade for the elderly Precision 7920 rack workstations? or a hardware option? There is a win11 driver package to them, my workstations are from two to four years old. Thanks.

Question

Dell T7810 w28 Core and 2X E5-2680v4 128GB Memory. Suggestions on Processor Upgrades

I just got this Dell T7810 with 28 Core and 2X E5-2680V4 and 128Gb .. I want to upgrade my processors, as the base 2.4 is not that fast and its limited w Turbo Mode pushing to 3.0 only when its pushed to high limits, I want a higher processor base in the realm of 3.0 as the base and 3.6/3.7 in Turbo

Question

Bypass Support Assistant Pre-Boot Check Precision 7920

Hello, we have a Precision 7920 with 128gb of RAM in production which has been crashing due to application issues. Is there a good way to by pass the Dell Support Assistant pre-boot check as it hangs on the memory test for hours. I tried all settings such as disabling dell reliable memory technolog

Question

Cooling for Tesla T4

Hi, I have a question regarding Dell Precision T5810. I need to install a Tesla T4 in the mentioned workstation, and I bought a DC brushless fan for cooling the GPU. However, it has a 2-pin female header and certainly will not fit in the 4-pin male slot of the motherboard. Any solution I may try? Th

Question

Precision 5820 Tower won't boot without a monitor (headless)

Hello, I have recently setup my Precision 5820 Tower to be accessible from RDP and ssh. However, I it doesn't finish booting unless I have have a monitor connected. I don't really want to have my monitor on and connected to that machine all the time. Is there any way that I can have it boot

Question

Cannot visit Dell website?

Every time I search on the DELL website, any results will be blocked (as shown in the picture), but other pages are normal. I have reported the problem to the technician and remotely controlled the repair, but there is still no solution. Has anyone encountered this situation? P.S. T3650

Question

Changed CMOS battery now Windows won't open (Optiplex 760)

Got message saying battery low, so I changed it. Now Windows won't open (in any mode). I get the first screen (Windows XP) then I get the "we apologize for the inconvenience...." screen.  If I hit F12 (Boot Options), I get the following options to look at : SATA0-WDC WD800JD-75MSA2 On-board

Question

Precision 7920 with RHEL 8 reinstallation problems

Hello, I bought a 7920 with RHEL 8 Workstation installed. Pretty quickly I realized the factory configured /root partition at 54GB was not large enough. You can't shrink other XFS partitions to make room for /root to grow, so I decided to just do a fresh install and re-configure partitions to suit

Question

Adding a driver to UEFI

Is there any way I can add a basic driver to the UEFI for my T7920? Specifically, I use the Logi K860 and MX Ergo as my keyboard and mouse. Both are Bluetooth and use a generic USB Bluetooth transceiver plugged into the back of the T7920. Unfortunately, UEFI doesn't appear to enable the Bluetooth ad

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!