Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
B

Community Accepted Solution

Precision 5750 - Realtek Audio Driver - Wired headset low microphone volume

Dear all, Helping a colleague with his Precision 5750 laptop. The latest Realtek Audio Driver version 10.0.220.1, A89 and 10.0.216.1, A66 are causing a low microphone volume with the wired headset. Only reinstalling driver 10.0.66.160, A08 is solving the issue. Checked all settings and all loo

Question

Official Solution

Dell Precision 7550 and 7750 System BIOS - 1.24.0 Breaks Docking Station USB C

After months of WD19S docking station not working due to a bios issue, Dell fixed it. A new Forced windows update bios 1.24.0 now breaks USB C again. The Docking station will only power through 1 USB not both at the same time!!! The Laptop powers down at it can't provide enough power. Also my

Question

Closed

Dell Precision M6800 Fan

Hi, i personally use a Dell Precision M6800 Laptop for gaming with an Intel core I7 and a Nvidia Quadro K4100M and my fans are not working which is causing my cpu and gpu to overheat to a high of 103 Celsius, How do i fix this?

Question

Closed

BIOS password

I've bought a Dell Latitude 5400 with service tag < Service Tag removed > via a market place website.  Unfortunately the BIOS password is locked and I cannot become the password. Can you help me? What info do you need to know from me?

Question

Closed

Precision 3751 2.5" SSD install question

Hello, I would like to add a 2nd SDD top my Precision 3751 laptop and use the 2.5" slot. Is there any extra hardware required to install a SSD in this location?   Thank you

Question

Closed

VPN Issues With Dell WD19S Dock

I have an issue with my new Laptop (Latitude 5540) and Docking Station (WD19S) concerning logging into my office VPN connection. If I plug my ethernet cable directly into my PC, I have internet access, and I can log in to the VPN. But if I plug the ethernet cable into the docking station, and con

Question

Closed

Precision 7540 - New SSD

Hello,    Somehow I got infected with a trojan virus that I could not seem to clean up so I decided to replace the SSD.  After installing the new SSD, which was the same exact model as the previous one, it shows up in the BIOS System Information screen as the M.2 PCIe SSD-0 drive,

Question

Closed

Discrete GPU suddenly gone

I see quite a number of topics regarding the disappearing of the Discrete GPU regardless of nVidia or AMD(ATI). All share common pattern every time: Laptop used as normal previous day and on the next day - bam - > no GPU visible in UEFI(BIOS) and hence no GPU 1 in Windows 10. My case is no exc

Question

Closed

dell precision 7670 and dock WD19TB

Hello, i have recently acquired a WD19tb dock second hand and wish to use it with my percussion 7670. I aware it cant charge my laptop efficiently. The dock came with a 240w PSU (I'm guess isn't original but is a dell PSU much like the 7670 psu) which is need to make it work. is it ok to have the l

Question

Closed

Precision 7710 (2016 build) won't turn on - flashing battery LEDs

Issue: 7710 (2016 build) won't enter BIOS startup. Using the Dell powerbrick, the battery Led is constant white or blank.  When power key is depressed, Power on LED turns white for a second or two, then blank, then the battery LED flashes  2x Amber: 4x White: 2x Amber, 4x White, and repea

Question

Closed

Headset Issue

Using a Dell Precision 5570 laptop connected to a docking station with Windows 10 and all Dell drivers updated to current versions and with both a Bluetooth headset and a wired USB A headset to the docking station the headsets will lose audio in bound and out bound during calls via Teams, Webex and

Question

Closed

External monitor not recognized on Precision 5760 using Display port to HDMI cable

I have an external monitor with Display Port, DVI and VGA ports; I want to use it with my Precision 5760 which has NVIDIA RTX A3000; Direct Graphics Controller Direct Output Mode has been enabled. I have a Display Port to HDMI cable and a little Dell USB-C to USB-A/HDMI adapter. The monito

Question

Closed

Precision 5560 keyboard is hardly replaceable

Hi there, Let me share piece of my knowledge gained hard way. I've got Precision 5560 with English only backlit keyboard. Living in Slavic country I use Cyrillic pretty often. Found like $37 Eng+Rus keyboard on Aliexpress. That one was actually for XPS 15, and 5560 listed as compatible. When attemp

Question

Closed

Dell Precision 5530 - Audio Driver Issues

Hello, I have a Dell Precision 5530. I'm having issues with the audio driver. If the laptop is already on and I plug in my headphones, the laptop does not detect them. However, If I plug them in before I turn the laptop on or restart my laptop (if it was already on) the headphones are detected, and

Question

Closed

Bios Upgrades on 7740 - I'm Way Behind

I have a 7740, and I am behind about 15 bios versions. Is it best practice to update the bios incrementally, or can I go directly to the latest version without issue? I obviously don't wany to brink the system, or ent up in a BSOD situation.  I will be upgrading the memory and NVME drives soo

Question

Closed

Replacement Keyboard not OEM safe?

Greetings, I need to replace my keyboard. Now, the place www.parts-people.com is out of stock for OEM keyboards. I did a search and could only find "Genuine" Dell keyboard. Is it save to purchase a non OEM product?   Thanks, Matt

Question

Closed

Trouble Attaching spacebar workstation 7750

Greetings, I pulled out the spacebar just to clean it off because it was sticking a bit. Now, I tried to re-attach it but it's not in the correct way. I made a video clip of it but there is not way to attach it to this message. Are there instructions on how to attach a spacebar on this machine, o

Question

Closed

Power supply rating

I currently have an Inspiron laptop around five years old and the AC power adaptor is rated at 45W. I am looking to purchase a Precision laptop replacement but shocked to discover the rating has shot up to 130W. I also notice the new Inspiron laptops are now sold with a 130W adaptor. What has happe

Question

Closed

Concerned about the new purchase of 7670

Hello dear community!I bought a DELL 7670 laptop yesterday. Unfortunately, I was concerned that it is warm and warming up from the beginning. I installed SupportAssist and jumped out the information as below in the pictures. I also include information about the temperature. Please help what to do. T

Question

Closed

Dell Latitude 5520 + Dell Dock WD19 Issue

Hi, I am using a Dell Latitude 5520 laptop. I have previously been able to connect this to my Dell WD19 dock without issue. I changed my monitors to 2 x Dell P2422H monitors yesterday. Since changing these monitors, my Dock will not connect to my laptop. When I connect it to my laptop, I hear the f

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!