Search Results (1.7K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Official Solution

"DS:What is your favorite Alienware model and why?"

What is your favorite Alienware model and why? To view older questions, please click here.

Question

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

m17 R4, randomly shutting off on battery power

I'm having what seems to be a new pretty unique issue with this laptop. for context I've already had the motherboard replaced twice in 2022, first time for a misdiagnosed issue and the second time because the charge controller on the replacement motherboard half-fried itself after a couple weeks. f

Question

Closed

17 R4, random freezes, Dell customer service is terrible

Ever since I bought it, my Alienware (not the cheapest machine, as you know) randomly freezes and the fans go on full power. Nothing works, the only way to switch it off is to do a hard reset. It happens randomly, every few days, or few weeks at most. It can happen twice a day. Recently, it has got

Question

m15 R7, arrives needing work?

So I decided to purchase a new gaming computer so I went with dell. I looked at the computers for a couple of days and selected the Alienware m15r7 seems to be a big mistake. First when I got the laptop everything looked great but I realized that it had software issues. Had to hunt down drivers onli

Question

Alienware repair guestimate?

Best place for unique parts. My laptop was working until i replaced the keyboard.  Hope major damage was not done?  2016 - 17 R4.  After board replace, on button lit up for 1/2 second, then button sort of "sparked" then all went black.  Cheap quess cheap hope is to replace the b

Question

m15 R1, useless after getting undervolt locked, BIOS 2.17.0

As I'm using windows 11 and the virtualization undervolt was locked some time ago. but using throttle stop I was able simply to get the CPU multiplier down to work 3.2 0r 3.3 GHz for all six cores and the cooling system was able to handle it. I had a PC performing all the games over 60 FPS even the

Question

15 R4, no display

Hi, Here's the problem I have with the Laptop: When I boot my Alienware Laptop I see the post display information with the Alienware logo, then I see the Windows (or Linux when I install Linux) boot logo but as soon as one of the OS is done booting I get a black screen. Windows or Linux is up and

Question

Official Solution

Area-51m R2, turned on message, Battery Over temperature is detected

I returned home, turned on my laptop and got the following message. I turned the AC. The laptop was shut down and there was a few hours before I returned home then got the message. I take its a faulty battery and does Dell cover if I have basic warranty?          

Question

AW920H Right Earphone Shorts out periodicly

Trying to submit a ticket to Dell Support but the AW920H does not have a service number or Model number. How do I submit a ticket to get a new one since this one has an issue with the sound in the right ear?

Question

x17 R2, failed video card vbios update

Hello all community members, I'm using Alienware x17 R2 and trying to update my VBIOS for 3080 Ti laptop from version 94.3.19.00.44 to 94.03.19.00.DB. I downloaded "RXT3080Ti_VBIOS_Flash_v1.0.0.0.exe" from Dell x17 R2 support page. But it just gives the following error message even though I ha

Question

Alienware Command Center / Support Assist

Hello all, I recently restored to factory my Ryzen R5 M15. After three or so attempts and restores, finally got everything working more or less the same as it was before and updated to Windows 11. Prior to this, Alienware Command Center was integrated into a shell that included Support Assist (and

Question

x14 R1, noisy fan

I got my laptop less than 2 months ago and from the beginning I noticed the fan being very noisy for no reason (always noisy while gaming, sometimes noisy while idle). Unfortunately, I was too busy to return the laptop during the 30 day period so now I am stuck with a defective machine that was ver

Question

What causes the computer to hang on startup?

When I start the machine, the led and fan work normally but when I get to the screen, it hangs (maybe after a few minutes).The Caps Lock button does not work.I downgraded Bios to 1.8 and reinstalled win 10 but it still has that problem.I have powered it off and then restarted it many times but can't

Question

m17 R5, lights not working

Referring this 2019 thread = 17 R5, power button led not working Same issue here but with different model m17 R5. Followed your instructions and it worked until the system resumed after sleeping. Lights worked while sleeping but on resume, power light and alien head on lid stopped working. Did a "s

Question

m15 R7, SSD configuration 4TB

Hi, I recently got my Alienware M15 R7 Intel variant with 512GB Gen4 SSD. In the manual, it says that M.2 2280 can be handled till 4TB. But nowhere its mentioned that it can handle 4TB per slot or overall. Any one from Dell, sort this out please.

Question

m15 R7, SupportAssist on startup and random crashing

I sent in my Alienware to remote assist for them to fix an issue of my laptop not turning on. After I got it back from them it takes 10 minutes for my computer to start up and always says "diagnosing your pc" or "analyzing". SupportAssist is always popping up and I have no idea how to get it to go a

Question

Closed

x14, keyboard not working

my laptop keyboard stopped working, I troubleshoot the computer uninstalled, and reinstalled the keyboard on the device, and it stopped working. I also rebooted my computer a couple of times, and it I was able to type for a couple of minutes, and then it malfunctioned all over again. The touchpad st

Question

Where do I get the best gaming laptop for my budget?

I love to play games and am looking for the best laptop that will work properly and have the best features. I searched a lot and got stuck with some brands. https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/d/deals/nvidia-gaming-laptop/https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/scc/sr/laptops/alienware-laptopshttps://www.hp.com/u

Question

m15 R7, can I upgrade storage and GPU?

I had the m15 R7 for 6 months now and I have been thinking of upgrading the storage to at least 1 TB and to upgrade the graphics card to the RTX 3070. Is this upgrade even possible for laptops? If yes, how would I be able to upgrade the storage and graphics card if it is?

Question

15 R3, 2 red/3 blue code

I tried to boot up my computer today but instead gave me this code. I tried to take apart the computer and clean out the RAM sockets but it still gave me the code. Could anybody help?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!