Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
B

Community Accepted Solution

m17 R5, issues with BIOS 1.12.0

Hi all, I recently received a critical update notification from SupportAssist instructing me to update my system BIOS to version 1.12.0. However, despite multiple attempts, I couldn't find this version on the official Dell website for my laptop model; the latest available is 1.10.0? Upon further inv

Question

Official Solution

Resizable Bar Disabled Intel 770, Says Unsupported Device

Resizable Bar Disabled Intel 770, Says Unsupported Device. All conditions are satisfied. GPU-Z simply says Unsupported Device. How do I Enable it?

Question

m15 R3, will this DDR4 work?

Hi everyone, I’ve been owning a Alienware m15 R3 for the past 2 years and it’s served me well. As of recently, I have been thinking of increasing it’s performance and have been thinking of buying these Corsair Vengeance Performance SODIMM CMSX16GX4M2A3000C18 16GB 3000MHz CL18 ddr4, (2 x 8GB) https:

Question

m15 R4, 240W AC adapter, docking station?

Hello, I'm looking for docking station for my Alienware m15R4. I have troubles finding any dock station officialy compatible with m15R4. I'm also confused about the exact specs i need. My power cord has 240W and i havent seen any docking station wtih such value.Is there anyone who could recommend so

Question

x17 R1, turn on S3221QS AMD FreeSync?

Hi, I have a Alienware x17 r1 with RTX 3080 mobile card. I have it connected to a Dell S3221QS monitor which is AMD freesync capable. I am unable to get any freesync options on the monitor.  I would like help troubleshooting getting freesync on the monitor please. the x17 has: One HDMI 2.1

Question

15 R3 won't boot with 4 TB ssd installed

I bought 2 x 4 TB Kingston PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD's on Amazon. I was going to install and migrate OS to bigger drive (currently 1 TB) and use 2nd 4 TB for storage. When I install either 4TB SSD and attempt to boot, multiple boot fails. I can mount them in external and manage/init.,create partitions e

Question

17 R3, letters don't capitalize with shift keys

A weird problem has been bothering me. When I press shift key and a letter, it does not capitalize. Some keys work with shift and some keys do not work with shift. can someone suggest what could be the problem? I have checked the sticky keys, toggle keys, keyboard language, driver update and uninsta

Question

Official Solution

x14 R1, out of warranty, battery health issues

Hello Dell Community and Support Team, I am writing to seek advice and potential solutions for a critical issue I'm experiencing with my Alienware X-14 laptop. Purchased on May 25, 2022, my laptop's battery health has deteriorated alarmingly within a year, raising concerns about its longevity and pe

Question

M18R1 Keyboard firmware update bug

The firmware update for the keyboard located below : https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ca/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=y106y&oscode=w2021&productcode=alienware-m18-r1-laptopHas now prevented my keyboard lights from working unless I put the machine into sleep mode and then wake it up.&n

Question

x17 R1 coin battery

Hi all Tearing my hair out a bit here! My x17 R1 will not boot, and is flashing 3 red 1 blue on the power button, meaning the coin battery has failed.  This would explain all the issues Ive been having for the last 2 days, but only just noticed the error code.  I have gone as deep as fomr

Question

Alienware Command Center trying to do update even though there are no updates

Randomly AWCC opens itself and trying to do update by opening my camera even i do nothing.How can i fix this,i have installed latest AWCC version for my m17 R5 but i cant fix this issue.

Question

SSD Upgrade

Alienware M15R5 Ryzen 5900HX RTX3070 Am considering upgrading or adding a new ssd in my laptop . My laptop has 2 SSD lots . One of them is currently SN770 but came directly from factory ,and is maybe running at GEN3 Speeds (3500). Does anyone which GEN is supported and also if you suggest a new ssd

Question

m17 R5, constant freezing after long use

My computer starts to freeze constantly in 1-2 seconds (i can understand from my cursor and games) after using it for about 2-3 hours, but when I restart my computer it gets fixed. It doesn't heat too much its around max 80 degrees when gaming. What could be the problem? Even though I formatted it,

Question

Closed

m18 R1, mic mute button, mute the sound button not working

Anybody has the same issue as I have? Both button doesn’t work when I press them?

Question

Closed

15 R3, genuine Dell battery

Just wondering what's the part number for 68 Watth battery for Alienware 15 R3 and where I can buy it from in Australia ? There're a lot of 3rd party vendors selling cheap battries but they dont work for more then a few months so this time I want to get a geniuene battery from Dell.

Question

Closed

15 R3, running without battery?

Hello, I have an Alienware 15 R3 laptop with swollen battery. It happened all of a sudden and its almost cracked the chassy of my laptop. Since I do a lot of travelling and was looking for a way to have a powerful yet lighter laptop to carry around, I was wondering if I can simply remove the batter

Question

The shipping time

checked out on Oct30th, a customize product that takes three days to build, and shipped on Nov 1st, totally acceptable and so far so good. But it still hasn't end transiting from China to UK (today is Nov 8th). I'm just wondering how long does everybody else's package take to transit?

Question

17 R5, Windows 11, onboard keyboard

Hello,I have an issue with my Alienware 17 R5, bought June 2019 running Windows 11. I haven't used the built-in keyboard for a few years as it is essentially a desktop with external monitor. However, I have now tried to boot into BIOS and find that the keyboard is dead, not only at boot, but always.

Question

x17 R1, fix white line?

have any know how to fix the white line?

Question

X17 R1 Power Supply

I'm trying to buy a replacement power cord for an X17 R1 laptop. When I searched on Dell's website I was only able to find a power cord that's compatible with an X17 R2.  When I search the specs on this page, it lists two different possibilities, and I'm not sure which my system is compatible

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!