Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Rookie

• 

116 Posts

March 3rd, 2024 19:51

PM Problem

I am having trouble sending PM's from this forum to members.  There is NOT A PLACE AT THE TOP OF MY SCREEN FOR STARTING A PM MESSAGE!   I spent 30 minutes on the Get Help Now chat and just wasted my time.  My problem is I can't send a PM and as stated above, There is no place at the top of my main forum page (this forum) to start a PM.  Any ideas what the problem might be?  Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 3rd, 2024 21:49

Did you just notice this?

Apparently, not every user account was automatically given permission to send PMs, ever since the last platform update...

I'll PM one of the moderators for you and ask if you could be given permission to send PMs, but I can't make any promises...

1 Rookie

• 

116 Posts

March 3rd, 2024 23:13

@RoHe​ Thanks Ron.  It has been like this for about a year and I have tried everything I can to find the problem, but with no luck.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 3rd, 2024 23:53

That fits with your account not having automatically been given permission to send/receive PMs by the platform update. Dell is restricting PM permissions, probably because of all the spam messages that were being sent. 

I PM'd a moderator, so wait a few days to see if someone reaches out to you and/or watch for the appearance of the 💬 icon next to the 🔔 icon at top of forum pages after you log in...

1 Rookie

• 

116 Posts

March 4th, 2024 00:00

@RoHe​ OK.  Thanks Ron.  It has to be something like that because I have less than 100 post total and Have been a member for more than 8 years.  

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 4th, 2024 00:03

So step up your participation around here..!   🤓 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 4th, 2024 19:17

mfurr,

Why do you need to send a private Direct Message? Why not talk to those users in public discussion which could help all users?

To who?

1 Rookie

• 

116 Posts

March 6th, 2024 18:09

@RoHe​ Well, someone did reply and I guess you can see the reply. Thanks for trying to help me.  I guess they are trying to limit person to person discussion.

No Events found!